S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat trailer.

Definatly looks good. That street they were walking down at the end sure looks like the same street from Stalker. I remember that street well. It was one the hardest parts of that game.

Maybe this time we'll get to take our time in there and see the sites. By the time you got there all hell was breaking loose.

I didn't realize it's so close to being released. That makes a total of 7 games I have to get this fall. The next person who says PC games are dead is officially an idiot:devilish:

Weren't we just talking about STALKER in another thread? ;)

Did you ever play Clear Sky? I have it....still unopened.

I didn't realize it's so close to being released.

Either did I.

It's impressive that GSC is releasing S:CoP barely more than a year after Clear Sky.

Last edited:
That's not a spoiler really. Sorta a heads up on what to expect :D

Yep I played Clear Sky and I'm not saying one word just in case. Well ok two words, it's good.

Oookkk I lied, I'll tell more. Just about the thing that bugged me not about the actual story ;)

The factions still had problems. The quests for your faction seem too random. The beginning is perfect, but after that it gets odd.

There, see no spoilers this time ;)

Last edited:
I'm debating what to play first, Shadow of Chernobyl, or Clear Sky. I know that Clear Sky is a prequel...

SoC. If you begin with CS you ruin the twist.

Played SoC this year. While i liked the atmosphere and factions, it was too repetitive for me with all the infinite respawns.

And at time brutally hard. The run from Pripayat to Chernobyl proper was insane.

I really want to go back and replay those ... fun games, can't wait for this one!

JDR do SOC first. I believe the last patch fixed a lot of the problems you had. If not I know I used a few mods (little cosmetic ones) and at that website where I got the mods they had some kind of unofficial patch. I'm at work and the computers here are slower than molassas, but when I get home I'll look around for it.

Clear Sky is fun, but SoC is soo much better.

I skipped Clear Sky myself (I read that they compromised my favourite part of SoC:
Atmosphere and it was full of bugs... I may pick it up in the future though).

This one I am more interested in but I am afraid my PC will not really be up to it
and I don't really feel like upgrading this year (I thought I'd spoil meself with a
little trip around Europe this Winter so no money for Hardware).

This one I am more interested in but I am afraid my PC will not really be up to it
and I don't really feel like upgrading this year (I thought I'd spoil meself with a
little trip around Europe this Winter so no money for Hardware).

As far as I know minimum requirements are similiar to old STALKERs. So if you played them you can still play this one.

I liked SoC but CS was totally boring for me. It lacks atmosphere while SoC has it great.

Hmm I thought they updated the engine and added more Eye candy so it is heavier on
the Hardware for Clear Sky than SoC (I remember the Devs in Clear Sky previews urging
players to upgrade)...

I wish there was a demo to try this out because if my machine can play it I am definately
interested...

btw Gods how I wish this game was an RPG !

Edit: Oh and I mean play in decent settings like I did SoC. I play these games 70% for
their atmosphere like I mentioned and if the graphics settings suck too much...

I forgot my main complaint with SoC that gives me no desire to replay or try any of the followons was the regular crashes. The screen would freeze, and the only way to recover was to power off my machine!!! Ugh....

It had to do with Nvidia graphics driver infinite loops. Unfortunately none of the proposed fixes on the internet worked.

Last edited:
I don't think the "jump" in performance between SoC and CS was too great. They mainly built new things upon the engine, but they kept the old stuff (it still supports DX8 for example). I'm not sure how CoP will be, but I don't think they'll push the requirements too much. Who knows though.

I ended up loving SoC. Granted, I had definetely been hyped up (in the earlier previews) for a totally different game than what was released, but the atmosphere and gunplay was undeniably good for me.

I didn't like Clear Sky much. The atmosphere really did suffer in this game, it no longer had that lonely feeling that SoC could conjure so wonderfully in certain areas. The faction mechanic and the focus on it felt a bit out of place. I could've definetely still enjoyed that though, but unfortunately it was pretty broken as well.

What I did like was the weapon modding system and the anomaly revamp. Also, the gunplay just felt improved somehow, more solid, but without becoming arcadey. There were also minor improvements like how the nights are pitch dark etc.

I'm looking forward to CoP. Hopefully they have learnt some good lessons from both of the previous games. The STALKER series is one of few FPS games that I'm really interested in.

I loved SoC, but didn't play Clear Sky, largely due to reviews and comments here -- it sounded like it took everything I loved about SoC and nerfed, raped, or otherwise destroyed it, and then added on lots more of the stuff I liked *least* about SoC.

Keeping a close eye on Call of Pripyat, though -- Pripyat was one of the most mind-bendingly brilliant game environments ever, and it was hardly used at all in the game.

Same here PJ. It was the best environment of STALKER.

I'll never forget that ferris wheel or the stadium. It's funny that there were no quests or monsters associated with those things, but they were of the most memorable parts from the game. At least it was for me.

JDR if you play it again try to take your time and just walk around that place. It's creepy how they made it look like the real place. Of course, avoid the bad guys too ;)

How come nobody mentioned the fanmade mod Oblivion Lost for SoC? That thing basically reworked the game in the same way mods in general did to Morrowind and Oblivion; it's not the same without it.

If anyone's inclined to try SoC, either for the first time or replay it, give the Oblivion Lost mod a try. It's definitely, definitely worth the effort!

Back
Top Bottom