GF compatible games?

zakhal

SasqWatch
Hi,

Do you have any good ideas what sp/mp games to play with girlfriend? So far Ive managed to get her to play only few games. Platforms I have are ipad, pc, xbox and playstation.

iPad
-theme park
-farm frenzy 1 2 3

Ps3
-little big planet 1 & 2
-LBP karting (she is interested)
-hamster ball

She did play sims 2 on PC once upon time. Even owns original copy of the game. At younger age she played lots of nintendo games (8bit).

- King's Bounty: The Legend
- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
- Plants vs. Zombies
- Fahrenheit / Indigo Prophecy
- The Settlers II 10th Anniversary

And if you want to go really casual…
- Angry Birds
- Farm Frenzy (Ok, you mentioned that one already)

Unfortunately they are all SP except for maybe the Settlers.

Last edited:
When i still lived with my cohabit we could play many different types of games together over the network, including Borderlands and Titan Quest.

I think Minecraft might be good idea.I play Left4dead 2 and dead island with my GF(her games of choice)although I would hardly recommend that because not many women enjoys dismembering undead.

I would say skip assumptions about gender. Try different games rather than trying to decide what games "a woman" would like. My former cohabit was more violent and more competitive than me. RPG's like borderland/titan quest (I guess one could check out Dungeon Hunter on iPad/PSN) involves co-operation and sharing stuff which makes them excellent for co-op gaming.

I would say skip assumptions about gender. Try different games rather than trying to decide what games "a woman" would like. My former cohabit was more violent and more competitive than me. RPG's like borderland/titan quest (I guess one could check out Dungeon Hunter on iPad/PSN) involves co-operation and sharing stuff which makes them excellent for co-op gaming.

You are right my apologize.:)

wordfeud appears to be liked by both genders and is fun to play together.

We have several females who play DDO with our guild/group, so that is a definite possibility and it's FREE!! :)

I LOVE dismembering undead, living, mutated, animal, vegetable, or mineral creatures. :cm: I would kill Corwin in a heartbeat if we played PvP. ;)

I would suggest grabbing some demos of games you like that are co-op and go from there.

Edit: Minecraft can be played on peaceful with no enemies, then you can pick survival or creative. All building and exploring if that is what you like.
DDO is fun, but it is fighting. Grab them on a trial basis.

She doesnt like guns or games with combat. Prefers 2D to 3D. She also doesnt like games with videos or long speeches. So its very hard to find games that she likes.

Basicly she likes platformers or some small strategy games without combat. Yesterday I downloaded modnation:racers for ps3. Its somwhat similar to lbp karting that she was interested.

Im trying broaden her interests to new gaming genres through hybrid games (games that feature multiple genres) but its slow going.

Most of my gfs have been like this. They have perhaps played mario bros with nintendo but thats about it. Only once have I had a gf that actually played all kinds of games even rpgs (she also read fantasy novels - owned i.e dragonlance books). But I was young and stupid.

Last edited:
The original Baldurs Gate was quite a lot of fun playing coop with my GF. I guess she liked it too, she married me eventually... ;)

My wife gets mad if I play games with my GF :)

She doesnt like guns or games with combat. Prefers 2D to 3D. She also doesnt like games with videos or long speeches. So its very hard to find games that she likes.

Basicly she likes platformers or some small strategy games without combat. Yesterday I downloaded modnation:racers for ps3. Its somwhat similar to lbp karting that she was interested.

Just throwing some suggestions out there:
Little Big Adventure 1-2, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Secret of Monkey Island, Runespell: Overture, Commander: Conquests of the Americas, Civilization, Myst, The Longest Journey, Syberia, VVVVVV, The Blackwell Series, Nimbus, Thief.

Games my fiancee plays:
Pretty much any maxis/sim game (Sims, Sim City, Sim Tower, Theme Park, etc)
She loves all the Diner Dash series
Most of the popular casual games like bejeweled and angry birds
She loves playing Mario 3 on Wii, as well as Wii sports
And most of all, she's currently a level 38 Barbarian in Diablo 3
We also played Drakensang Online together a bit

An X-girlfriend used to play Diablo 2 / Neverwinter Nights a lot.

If she has any other girl friends that are gamers, get her to ask them. Some women won't try a game until it's been recommended to them by another girl.

Back
Top Bottom