Clive Barker's Jerico demo...

Well lemme put it this way: Ive found Best Buy's return policy to be very good. Ive also generally found a very short line, and people being helped quickly, and Ive had no trouble returning things.

But on other things, like looking for help when dealing with electronics or something, yeah it's like pulling teeth!

Ive also found them to have some really obscure movie stuff too. Not like they go hunt down the new Daughters of Darkness special edition DVD or something, but they just seem to have a pretty good smattering of whatver has just been released. Ive bought weird, hard to find Dvd releases online, positive that I wouldnt see it in stores. I see it on the shelf there a week or two later, ultimately for less if I figure in shipping and what not. Theyre way expensive on music tho.

Picked up Battle for Middle Earth II last night there for 9.99. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. And um... RE4 and some stupid gamepad I'm going to theoretically "rent". Ive read the pc controls are complete shit, in fact that's the only negatives Ive read about. Be sides cu's post ='.'=

i checked my box and it doesn't say anything about summoner using a gamepad as an option. have you already played it without and wanted to try it from a different approach? if not have no fear of the controls because you can hardly tell it was a console game as its very well customized for the pc. even the combos if you chose to manually use them work excellent with the pc.

i played resident evil 2 when it came out and it was one of the few games i had for the playstation besides the tomb raiders. it was one of the best console experiences i had, save tomr raider of course. i then rented the original a little while later and while it was good it didn't grab me like to. resident evil 3 was decent and had some parts like the nemisis but i felt it was rather subpar. then when the dreamcast came out one of the few games i got for it was code:veronica; that was a great game even with the leonardo decaprio/the uzi kid from the orginal tomb raider character. i got the chance to play 0 when i borrowed a gamecube from a friend. it exceded my expectations and was a fun experience. leon and claire are my two favourite charcters so i was stoked after finally 4 coming out on the pc. maybe its been too long since i've played the resident evils to put the time in but it shouldn't be this painful. i mean i even played dino crisis 2 on the pc which has a combo/scoring system of its own and only keyboard controls but i played through that no problem...

either of you two ever play blue stinger for the dreamcast?...i loved that game, had a great survival horror atmosphere that also felt like an 80's horror movie through the lens of the japanese future style.

I briefly played then dropped Summoner many moons ago, due to games I was also playing that were better. Sometimes I get really anal about disk space, even if I have 10 gb free, and uninstall anything that I feel is not worthy of my bytes. Summoner was one such casualty. I dont remember specifics, but the word "control" seems to stick out in my brain as an issue, like it would have been better with a pad.. I know it was a console port, so I dunno, it was a long time ago. Since I'm renting a gamepad, I thought I might fire up Summoner and give it a play and see if purrhaps I was a bit too hasty in my dismissal of it.

Ever play the game Re-volt? There's one I might fire up and play again too while I have the 'pad at my pad.

Never even heard of Blue Stinger, then again I never had a DC. My RE experience thus far has been 1&2 which are still on my shelf, and that latest kickass movie that came out.

I used to have Blue Stinger, it was the first game I ever bought for my Dreamcast. I enjoyed it even though it wasn't very memorable. It doesn't come close to any of the RE games imo.

RE Code Veronica for the DC was my favorite console game for a long time. Story-wise, it might be the best in the series.

Ever play the game Re-volt? There's one I might fire up and play again too while I have the 'pad at my pad.
Re-Volt? Is that the RC car game? I have it for PC, we used to play several rounds to warm up whenever we trained for a LAN party :). What a cute, fun racing game.

Back
Top Bottom