Poor sports

curious

liberty or license
others are rioting in other countries do austerity measures, cut wages, etc like greece and spain, others still for their right to democracy in the arab world and yet when vancouver gets their assess kicked in a sports GAME they show don't have a pair and resort to this. i guess its a good thing for them they're sitting on so much dirty oil--won't last forever though...

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/06/16/37...n-vancouver-after.html?mi_rss=Photo Galleries

Clearly, curious hasn't paid much attention to world cup level soccer. They shoot players for losing over there in Enlightened Europe.

Vancouver is certainly getting a black eye over this, but it could have been much worse and I wonder at the volume of screaming about "heavy-handed enforcement" and "unjustified violence" had the police actually cracked down.

Clearly, curious hasn't paid much attention to world cup level soccer. They shoot players for losing over there in Enlightened Europe.

They do? Never heard of anything like that.

Übereil

Retarded, but except for the sheer scale not all that uncommon among sports fans.

Colombia is not in Europe. I'm not aware of any other case where a world cup footballer was shot for losing.

Coulda sworn there was a similar event in Italy, but perhaps not. My apologies for impugning the glowing honor of continental soccer hooligans.

Do you realize how many sports riots there have been in the U.S.?

Sometimes we have riots BECAUSE the team won.

Hooligans:

victory:"yes, let's emulate what our lads have done on the pitch, let's go and fight"
draw:"nobody loses, nobody wins. On the pitch... Let's see who has the best squad in the streets."
defeat:"Our lads've failed us. Lets go and clear the name of our club."

Victory, drawn, defeat, it does not matter.

Ohio State fans are notorious for their couch burning riots win or lose.

It's just a game people. I'm pretty hardcore in following my Longhorns, but even at the height of my insanity (see below), I'd never think of rioting, win or lose.

I was the X when I was in college (that's not me though):

letters.jpg

Coulda sworn there was a similar event in Italy, but perhaps not. My apologies for impugning the glowing honor of continental soccer hooligans.

No worries. Hooligans are the scum of the earth, and I wouldnt mind unleashing dte style police violence on them. It's surprising that they havent killed any players yet given how violent they can be.

I've had my home town vandalised by footie hooligans (fans of the away team, my home town is too small to produce a full pack of hooligans) celebrating a championship, so I can imagine how the "civilian" inhabitants of Vancouver feel today.

what a bunch of silly plebs

Yeah, looks like Greece is having a week long party too!!

Riots ? Almost normal here. *sigh*

But increasing at an alarming rate ...

In Norway we don't have riots. Period. Sports, politics, economy, and so on and so forth - doesn't matter, we're about as emotional as rocks.

"Yay, we won. Woho. Time to go to bed." or "Oh no, the politicians decided to go through with the Data Retention Directive, and I hate that! Ah well, time to go to bed."

We're just not a very excitable people I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom