Witcher 3 Witcher 3 PC performance tuning

The Witcher 3
It Looks good for the most part, but i expected better performance.. getting 30-45 FPS with hairworks and AA turned off, shadows set to medium. Titan 6GB, i7@4.5GHz, 16GB RAM.

Hmm, just noticed this thread - are people still having this kind of poor performance with the latest builds? I've been getting around 60fps on ultra, with a much less uber rig: i73770, Nvidea 970gtx (both slightly overclocked). Still over 50fps with full hairworks on.

My only real complaint about the graphics is the grass and foliage, which has the appearance of flat boards stcaked on top of each other. Looks like they went with a really over simple mesh.

I'm still suffering with hitching and juddering, even though framerate is consistently around 60, on a 980. Very annoying, so I'm playing around with this latest tweak.

I'm still suffering with hitching and juddering, even though framerate is consistently around 60, on a 980. Very annoying, so I'm playing around with this latest tweak.

I'm also having a hitch, very subtle, but has a regular cadence and is always there...like you I have a GTX 980, lots of RAM, but an older i7, everything on Ultra. The frame rate is otherwise smooth...also have a decent SSD, thought it might be a streaming issue? I have tried some suggestions, but it hasn't really made much of a differnece. Some people think its a frame limiter problem, and suggest using Riva tuner (or similar) to fix it below 60 fps. I have vsync on, and the refresh rate set to 60 Hz, which I don't think it can manage all the time. Its very subtle, now that I have noticed it, I can't un-notice it ;-)
The regularity suggests its some kind of game engine tick/update thing? I haven't tweaked any INI settings. Tried forcing physics onto CPU, made no difference, max 1 frame render ahead etc...no change. Turning off hairworks gives me about 10 fpos more, and its smoother, but the hitching remains, just more subtle still. Maybe some system service is polling something in the background and interfereing with the game? Who knows...

I have found that when I use the free-camera mod to fly around, the movement is as silky smooth as you could wish it to be. But when the camera is attached to the player in normal gameplay, the hitching is always there. Maybe give it a try your end and see if it's the same for you? The free-camera mode is part of the debug console mod on the Nexus.

I'm also having a hitch, very subtle, but has a regular cadence and is always there…like you I have a GTX 980, lots of RAM, but an older i7, everything on Ultra. The frame rate is otherwise smooth…also have a decent SSD, thought it might be a streaming issue? I have tried some suggestions, but it hasn't really made much of a differnece. Some people think its a frame limiter problem, and suggest using Riva tuner (or similar) to fix it below 60 fps. I have vsync on, and the refresh rate set to 60 Hz, which I don't think it can manage all the time. Its very subtle, now that I have noticed it, I can't un-notice it ;-)
The regularity suggests its some kind of game engine tick/update thing? I haven't tweaked any INI settings. Tried forcing physics onto CPU, made no difference, max 1 frame render ahead etc…no change. Turning off hairworks gives me about 10 fpos more, and its smoother, but the hitching remains, just more subtle still. Maybe some system service is polling something in the background and interfereing with the game? Who knows…

Did you set the process to high priority ? Sometimes it can help for this kind of stuttering...

I have found that when I use the free-camera mod to fly around, the movement is as silky smooth as you could wish it to be. But when the camera is attached to the player in normal gameplay, the hitching is always there.

That might be because the camera, when attached t Geralt's back, is a solid 3d object.

Proof.

Back
Top Bottom