In-game advertisement

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well - there is a lot of money in ads and some of those money could be well spent on financing more game productions, I think. As long as it isn't completely out of place I have nothing against ads in games.. for example, if by having a big coca cola neon sign in a city of a futuristic rpg means that it's longer, more polished or that it's being made at all - then bring it on, I say!

exactly i don't mind it either if it fits the setting. eidos usually doesn't do fantasy games either so their wouldn't really be a chance of it seeming out of place. personally i enjoy fake adds in games ala bloodlines but as long as they don't overdo it i think it gives a realism effect. i'd much rather see an ingame add on a wall than extra crap thrown in every time you load a game.

What bothers me about ads in games is the tracking software that can sometimes accompany those ads as a tool to monitor views and such.
If a modern game has adverts, and they're placed so as to not be interfering that's fine, but if any of those games require an internet connection, I want nothing to do with them.

I'd like to place my own ads in the computers of Eidos instead.

I haven't seen advertising in games to be too much of a problem except in racing games. There's been talk of it for 10 years but its seen rarely.

As has been been mentioned, embedding spyware, not advertising, tends to be a bigger problem with games, such as Fate.

Back
Top Bottom