What games have you ragequit?

Philistine

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
It doesen't happen often for me but occasionally a game will just make say F!!! This! and never play it again.
Warcraft III is the one that still pisses me off to this day. I just could not bring myself to order my Paladin into that village at the start of the game...
Disciples II I was fighting on the first or second map and had an alliance with a neutral Dwarf city. I pushed ahead beyond what I knew my army could handle confident in the support from the dwarves.... seeing my weakness the dwarves turned on me and wiped me out! I've never had a ally do that to me in any other game.
Vampire : Redemption there is a fight against a werewolf in a van... I tried to defeat it over 20 times before I gave up.

What about you? Any games you really wanted to play (that didn't just turn out to be crap) that you couldn't finish?

I have to like a game very much to not ragequit upon party death. But I usually start again later. ;)

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - So you just destroyed the enemy base? Well, let's have a new chunk of the map open up and let's make it so that there's a swarm of bombers heading towards your base!

Oceanhorn - Well, that's the second time I fell through the level during this boss.

Thief - How many times do I have to re-load because I get stuck in things? (Not that Thief was a particularly good game anyway, but good grief, it's almost like a Ubisoft game. Almost.)

Assassin's Creed 3: The Tyrant King Washington - Well, at least I know what's under the level, because I keep falling through the ground.

Almost all of my rage quits have been due to games being buggy/broken, only Supreme Commander springs to mind when it's due to intentional design. There probably are other games out there, but none that come to mind right now.

Warcraft III is the one that still pisses me off to this day. I just could not bring myself to order my Paladin into that village at the start of the game…

Ahh, the Culling of Strathholme. Now you know how Arthas felt. xD

All the ones I've forgotten about!

I also tend to ragequit in games I like, take a short break and then come back with fresh ideas, so the quitting will only last about half an hour. I have snapped discs before though, I think twice. I've also just dropped one in the waste basket before, that one was unfortunately memorably crap.

Funny, I ragequit Warcraft III as well. I reached a level in the campaign that I just couldn't beat on Hard difficulty. I don't remember the exact details, but it was a timed mission where I had to build up my forces before the enemy cut though some trees to get to my base.

Oceanhorn - Well, that's the second time I fell through the level during this boss.

How is the game otherwise? It was part of a bundle that I purchased recently, and I was thinking of trying it when I have time. It's obviously a Zelda clone, but does it succeed in that aspect?

Witcher 3 ... well maybe not rage quit but frustration/lack of interest quit.

The last game I ragequit after not even an hour of game was Hyperdimension Neptunia - because of UI idiocy.

The first Witcher game ... annoyed me so much I have never even played the next 2!

Crysis 2 - what they did to the story was just pathetic.

There was another but now I can't remember the name! I think it came out around 2010. It had you as a modern day spy trying to sneak in to military places. The mini-games really REALLY annoyed me. One became so simple with mouse/keyboard that it seemed like a waste of time while another was so difficult that it made the game ridiculous. I eventually hit one of the latter types, failed a few times, and just uninstalled the whole game.

I thought of one!

I ragequit counter-strike if I get awped at the start of the round and cbf waiting. :)

It's a particularly fun one to ragequit because you go ` to open console, q then tab to fill out the rest of quit, then enter. I think I can ragequit CS in about 0.6 seconds.

edit: LOL... I wouldn't rq from competitive matches, though.

Last edited:
Crysis 2 - what they did to the story was just pathetic.

There was another but now I can't remember the name! I think it came out around 2010. It had you as a modern day spy trying to sneak in to military places. The mini-games really REALLY annoyed me. One became so simple with mouse/keyboard that it seemed like a waste of time while another was so difficult that it made the game ridiculous. I eventually hit one of the latter types, failed a few times, and just uninstalled the whole game.

I didn't ragequit Crysis 2, but I share your disappointment. It wasn't the story that made me mad though but rather how the the levels were so small and linear compared to Crysis 1.

The other game you mention sounds like Alpha Protocol.

Eh, Stratholme was bit of fun...tearing down little peasant houses, then Chaaaarge! :p
Everything post Morrowind from Betsy, once you realize what you get from it's "freedom", after twenty hours or so. Mods only sugarcoat it.
Dark Souls II ( damnable grandmothers) and I( at least bit more interesting)... too monotonous with gameplay tempo and way too hamfisted thematic impression.
But pure rage: go and play anything involving GTA and a helicopter.

I bore-quit Max Payne and Dungeon Siege. I desperation-quit Dungeon Master 2, And i rage-quit Counterstrike when I couldn't figure out how to play it ... just to return a year or so later and play in tournaments.
Lands of Lore forced me to take a two-week break because I couldn't figure out the room with the spinning disks. Two weeks later when I sat in a bus and looked out of the window I suddenly had an idea of how to solve the puzzle (or rather, about what the puzzle was, actually). I got home, tested my theory - and it worked.

I don' think I rage quite anything but I just simply drift away in disappointment. Skyrim comes to mind as one of the biggest let down...

I didn't exactly ragequit, more like indignancy-quit playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World at the boss next to the final boss. Reason: grossly underleveled, that boss could one-shot us, so it wasn't possible to beat him with any tricks. And that happened because from some point I started escaping from random encounters that happened every 5 steps. I had a choice: go back and grind for a long time or watch the rest of the game on youtube. And youtube it was.

Another one was Gothic 2. I sold all mana to Beliar and found myself unable to defeat stronger dragons using just a sword. That was literally a dead-end.

Fun topic! Add another vote for Warcraft III. I think I made it about three quarters of the way through the Night Elf campaign before I'd finally had enough of the tedium. The fact that I was already frustrated that the game was inferior to Warcraft II and felt so derivative from Warlords: Battlecry II didn't help either. :)

Other mild annoyance-induced quitting moments:
- Boiling Point (Too many bugs)
- Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (Getting to the final boss is demanding enough; but the last fight itself is simply brutal. Still haven't finished it to this day, but will certainly try again!)
- Getting level drained in any early AD&D game where low resources are a huge issue (Pool of Radiance - *Shivers at the thought of returning to Valhingen Graveyard or Mendors Library.)

I play Paradox strategy games. Rage quitting is how I end most sessions :)
As for RPGs, I'm very intolerant of having to redo something I already did, so games based on checkpoints (where I can't save anywhere) are likely to cause me to rage quit if I die for whatever reason and I have to redo more than 30 minutes of play.

In all my years of playing computer games, only two come to mind that I've flat out quit and swore never to play again, nor anything that resembled them. Those two were Mass Effect three and Dragon Age two, both of which I also demanded and received refunds for. Be warned!

Back
Top Bottom