Gothic 3 At last, Gothic 3

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Rleased a little over 2 years ago and after multiple false starts on my end, I've at last 'gotten into' Gothic 3. Playing if from the start with patch 1.6 and finally getting the graphic details set so that I experience zero crashes... the game is in fact very good.

Up until now I sorta viewed G3 as a sort of red headed stepchild relative to G1 and G2. But now I see it as a worth successor. I still think G1 and G2 (particularly G2) were stronger titles. But G3 is a lot of fun and I'm glad I have gotten around to playing the game seriously and recomened this game to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Last edited:
Good to here you're getting into it. But why only patch 1.3? Why not wait for 1.7?

Good to here you're getting into it. But why only patch 1.3? Why not wait for 1.7?

Oops my apologies, I meant to type 1.6. I was originally going to wait for 1.7 but it's been at least a few months since 'they' announced 1.7 and still it's not available... so with the extra holiday game time, I'm starting now with 1.6.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I agree 100% that once Gothic is patched to 1.6, it's a very good game.

Not quite on the same level as G1 or G2, but not as far behind as some people think.

Back
Top Bottom