F:NV Fallout New Vegas mod.

Fallout: New Vegas

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Anyone get Tale of Two Wastelands, pm me please!

In case others haven't heard about it, it joins New Vegas with Fallout 3, allowing free travel and questing in between.

Thanks

The last update I found on the mod was this:
"After my comment, I will ask a member of staff to close this topic.

We've been taken down because I took the site down. Dark0ne had nothing to do with it. At the time I put the message on the Whiteboards for everyone I didn't realize that I was able to do it myself, and thought only a member of the nexus staff could delete mods.

The problem is licensing. We need permission from both Bethesda and Obsidian to allow a mod like this to exist, one that allows assets from Fallout 3 to be used in New Vegas. It is not a Piracy issue. We didn't have permission, so the site must come down. Any mod like this without permission must come down, including RFCW and Deja Vu Vegas. "

It seems there's some sort of legal issue regarding it?

Pretty stupid, as it can only increase popularity of the game - and potentially make people buy the one they don't already have.

Yes, it sounds flat out crazy unless the mod somehow merges them without requiring the other game.

This was a Fallout New Vegas mod that used assets from Fallout 3.

Mods using assets from other games get taken down from the Nexus because this violates the EULA for the game you took the assets from (and probably whatever legalese you agree to when you upload stuff to the Nexus).

Same thing happened with Morroblivion, or mods that, say, take assets from Witcher 2 game files and turn them into Skyrim armor, etc.

Back
Top Bottom