Witcher Backpack Size

The Witcher

dopybks

Traveler
I typed the title of the thread in caps on purpose because it explains why I want it bigger. Im talking about the physical size of the icons that show me what is in my back-pack. They are way too small and I would sit there for ages trying to find a particular item. To compound the problem, all the potions look the same, just different colours, I actually stopped playing the game for this reason and I think imho it is a bad design flaw and if it was improved, would make things a whole lot easier. Does anyone know if there is a mod out there that will increase the physical size of the icons that make up my backpack? If not, why dont the devs draw them all again and release it in their next patch, thank-you.

Ive found the potions to be pretty distinct from one another, actually. If you look in the manual, you can even identify "unidentified" potions by matching it to the corresponding bottle image in the potions descriptions.

Ive seen no backpack mod, it probably would be an improvement tho now that you mention it. I'll pass it along to the Witcher crew next time I talk w/ them ;)

The colored dots indicating the alchemical component should be bigger, or there needs to be a sorting function for them. But apart from that it's not so bad.

I just want the backpack itself to be bigger. I constantly have problems fitting everything into my inventory (I can fill the whole thing up with books, for example).

sell the books that you read, weapons you don't use, alchemy ingredients you don't use( I don't make bombs orblade coatings so i sell them all, except founded blade coatings) rings, roses, and try to stack. and the rest: leave as much as possible that you can miss at the inn.

The little colored dots on the ingredients help a great deal. My thoughts are that the backpack needs to be autosorted, but other than that I don't have a problem with it.

An autosort of ingredients by secondary type would be wonderful!

One question about the bank, does the items you put into storage in the inn in chapter one last to chapter 2 or do they disappear?

I thought that they were going to do something for the inventory in 1.3 but it's been a long time since I heard anything about 1.3. Autosorting would be great and I would also like for more items to be stackable as I found a few items that should stack but don't. I like how the current system limits you to different stack sizes for different items though.

yes it will reapar in ch2 and dissapear in ch1 after the death of the bartender

Some items stack better that others. Milk, for example, stacks differently to water or wine. Potions and greases of, apparently, the same sort will not stack but there is a very good reason for it: only ones with the same secondary ingredient (albedo, nigedo ect) still stack.

It just make your brains work a bit harder... Is it a good thing? I thought the limitation actually creates a interesting challenge... Finally, I gether enough coins to upgrade my armor in chapter 2!! Best RPG ever...sorry Gothic :)

I don't consider it a challenge, I just consider it annoying to constantly have to run back (through X loading screens) to a merchant every time my bag fills up. I'm not actually going to leave anything, that's a waste of cash.

Honestly, for all the challenges I enjoy in games, sorting my inventory is not one I consider: A) A real challenge, B) Fun.

Then leave stuff behind - you'll have more than enough ingrediants anyway. For example, I've divided my inventory into 4 groups: potions, alcohols, greases; ingrediants; monster parts for quests; books and misc - it works quite well, and I don't even need the inn at all (of course, I DO miss out on saving some rarer parts, but hey).

My only complaint is about the "quest items" part of the backpack - it has no sorting and tends to expand at a rapid pace (for example, Salamander Coins - you only needed a few (3?), I had a whole bunch, and they stuck with me for the whole game), so it's hard to see all the stuff you've got.

I hate the fact that there was only one trophy slot. I found two different ones in areas close to each other and had to make the run to the city to turn one in so I could pick up the second one. No need to limit the slots IMHO.
I prefer to do several quests and side quests and then return for rewards.

wow freaky, but I have to agree with cm, that is the one thing I fear because those trophys are worth a lot of money. they had better set 2 or 3 slots for that, just in case

I got burned when the chapter ended, and I still had the Plant of Doom from the swamps trophy on my hook. It wasnt there the beginning of the next chapt!

I didnt notice until it was too late, I wasnt going back thru a bunch of crap, I had done tons of running around in that chapter as it was. It hurt tho, I definitely earned that thing. It was a gnarly fight, that plant battle was a a full-on grudge match to be sure (it had killed me a couple times previously!).

The moral of the story for me is "turn in all trophies asap!"

I hate the fact that there was only one trophy slot.

Then you must also hate the fact that you can carry only 3 weapons? Because both the limitations are there to account for "realism" (as realistic as a fantasy world can be, in any case) - you can't carry 20kg of vines AND a monster head AND the wing of the last dragon AND ... you get the idea. :)

strange thing is, the limited weapons slot are great. Except when I just killed a horde of humans( a lot of spoiled cash :p) but too much slots would be too much, but like in the swamp it would have been nice to have 2 slots one for the plant and the other for( don't remember its name)

There are only two places in the whole game where you can find two trophies in close proximity. And you DO know from the begining that you only have only one hook. So you will have to make two trips. Really such a big deal?

Back
Top Bottom