Gothic 2 vertical sync

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
Hi. Does anyone know how to disable vertical sync in Gothic 2? I know it's possible because I remember doing it once but I can't for the life of me think how I did it. I checked the .ini and there's no entry.

I want to turn it off because I get bad framerate with it on when I set the view distance to a reasonable setting.

Thanks.

What video card are you using? You should be able to force it off in your control panel.

Odd... most games have Vsync off by default.

A good german thing, then. Turning off VSync will only improve your framerate if you are locked at 60fps. Not sure why you would want greater than 60fps in a game like Gothic 2.

A good german thing, then. Turning off VSync will only improve your framerate if you are locked at 60fps. Not sure why you would want greater than 60fps in a game like Gothic 2.

That's not true though. I've boosted my frame rate in quite a few games in the past by turning off VSync.

If your graphics card can't produce a frame rate that's equal to you refresh rate, then having VSync on can cut into your fps big time..

If your graphics card can't produce a frame rate that's equal to you refresh rate, then having VSync on can cut into your fps big time..
Yes, assuming V-Sync is working correctly. It often doesn't, though, and can sometimes simply cap your frame rate.

If you're below, turn it off. If you're above, turn it on.

Back
Top Bottom