Game Informer - 10 RPG Franchises We Want

I also want a proper new Jagged Alliance. Two tries so far have failed.
I was actually going to post the same thing but then I remembered there were already two awful attempts, so not sure it would count as a "revival". But a properly-done Jagged Alliance 3 is probably the single best thing that could happen to gaming.

How long does it take JA2 to get going? Only played through the 1st level so far, but I really ain't keen on it. Does it change much, and what makes it so good?

How long does it take JA2 to get going? Only played through the 1st level so far, but I really ain't keen on it. Does it change much, and what makes it so good?
The freedom and simulation is what makes it good. Also most of the mercenaries are funny :)

Where's my Might & Magic and Wizardry revivals?!? x_x

I don't really care for any of the titles listed on there. Even KotOR would likely turn into a Mass Effect clone... and Jade Empire is/was basically an Asian Mass Effect to begin with.

How 'bout Knights of the NEW Republic? The Old one is sort of played-out now…

An actual Jagged Alliance sequel would be great. A real one, not one done by a half-assed indie studio looking to cash in on the name. The success of the X-Com reboot shows there's a market for this kind of game, if done well.

I was agreeing with others and mad that they left out Might and Magic.
(or Land of Lore)

But the Article was entitled 10 RPG franchises "We'd" Like to See Come back.

Not 10 RPG franchises I'd like to see come back. Their list did not impress me.

I was agreeing with others and mad that they left out Might and Magic.

Wasn't Might and Magic X released in 2014?

Jade Empire for sure.

I would put Last Remnant on the list but I'm afraid of what Square would do to it - no way would they keep the battle system and that's what I would want to see more of.

A sequel to Divine Divinity 2 with the same action and touches of Tomb Raider'ish puzzles would be fun.

Sacrifice 2 would be great. It's not really an RPG but if you folks can call Jagged Alliance an RPG well… ;)

Vampire: The Masquerade for sure.

I see Shadow Hearts was in the 'didn't make the cut' list. It should have made the cut. And forget that SH 3 ever happened.

Oh, and have a "sequel" to Secret World that's a proper RPG instead of an MMO.

And if you can do that, a sequel to City of Heroes that's a proper RPG instead of an MMO. Have we *ever* had a hero style RPG? Freedom Force was about as close as we got. Definitely need to do this! City of Heroes: The Quest for the Giant Tapeworm of Paragon.

Where's my Might & Magic and Wizardry revivals?!? x_x

I don't really care for any of the titles listed on there. Even KotOR would likely turn into a Mass Effect clone… and Jade Empire is/was basically an Asian Mass Effect to begin with.

Maybe Bards Tale 4 will scratch that itch? It would likely be similar in some respects but more modern if thats the word for it.

A sequel to Divine Divinity 2 with the same action and touches of Tomb Raider'ish puzzles would be fun.
Good god, you'd rather Larian spend their time on that rather than the things they're doing now? :uhoh:

Definitely want another Vampire the Masquerade RPG and KOTOR 3.

And many other sequels / revivals that will probably never happen:

Dark Sun (or any of the of the non Forgotten Realms D&D settings for that matter)

Arcanum (preferrably with decent turn-based combat)

Drakensang (single-player, preferably with decent turn-based combat)

Krondor

Fallout (as a cRPG and not a console oriented action RPG)

Neverwinter Nights 3

Growlanser VII

Shining Force IV

Last edited:
I personally don't care about sequels. I just want a variety of games with various type of gameplay (TB, RTwP, action, etc) and stories (you know not all about saving the world from a big bad) released each years.

Like BioWare Neverwiner or Obsidian Neverwinter 2? It's basically two different type of games.

I think it goes without saying that if EA(god help us) actually attempted to do an Ultima 10 and did it right I would die a happy man.

I think it goes without saying that if EA(god help us) actually attempted to do an Ultima 10 and did it right I would die a happy man.

EA ? Electronic Arts ? Doing an Ultima 10 ? Making it right ?

Too many difficult premisses/terms, man!

You probably won't die happy, BUT the opposite does apply: you will live sad. :(

:)

EA ? Electronic Arts ? Doing an Ultima 10 ? Making it right ?

Too many difficult premisses/terms, man!

You probably won't die happy, BUT the opposite does apply: you will live sad. :(

:)

Bioware could do it still I think.

Bioware could do it still I think.

Being Bioware's parent company, EA could comission them to make the game. BUT EA would certainly intrude the development process too much (since the beggining, since the screenplay writing maybe), and the resulting game could be everything. Except Ultima.

PS: I don't know if 'screenplay writing' is a valid English language construction. If you were Brazilian, I'd write 'roteiro' instead.

Back
Top Bottom