Social media and politics conundrum in US

hishadow

Level N+1
Twitter and possible a string of other US sites like Google and Facebook, have been subpoenaed to hand over all information regarding people associated with the Wikileaks foundation. It also includes the 600.000 or some followers, which I assume will be in form of IP-addresses. The order was originally sealed but was challenged by Twitter.

Are we becoming too reliant on US-based technology companies? Google is almost the defacto-standard for search, Facebook have access to very privileged personal information, and Twitter which although public can monitor network traffic related to various political causes.

(btw, rpgwatch is also US-based :anxious:)

Last edited:
In what way are we US based?

Are we becoming too reliant on US-based technology companies? Google is almost the defacto-standard for search, Facebook have access to very privileged personal information, and Twitter which although public can monitor network traffic related to various political causes.

(btw, rpgwatch is also US-based :anxious:)

We are not reliant , we just use that shit .
Also for us euans it is safer to troll on none eu based media / social networks .

Maybe I should've used a :p instead on the last statement as to rpgwatch.com being registered in the US, but the rest is serious I promise.

Just to add, Skype has also received a similar court order.

Back
Top Bottom