Witcher 3 Witcher 3 delayed until Feb. 2015

The Witcher 3
Isn't it fun for a chance to play experienced character instead of your typical twenty something hero / heroine?

I think its an intresting aspect of storyline how geralt is getting older by each game. At the begining of witcher 1 he wasn't exactly a young whipper snapper either...

I hope Geralt dies of old age during the delay and we get a new Witcher :)

Ha ha, but for a change an old hero wouldn't be bad, and the senior RPG population is probably a growing force. :)

….
It's just they didn't make enough cards, the first game had just a few of those and many fans were sad seeing there are none in TW2 to collect. :(
No I don't want more "hot" scenes, I want collectibles!
….
You put yourself on the basic side, cartoon "hot" scene is totally pointless without the second degree a little cynical of the collecting cards, that added all the smile. Common don't you have your notebook with the list of names and rates?

Isn't it fun for a chance to play experienced character instead of your typical twenty something hero / heroine?

Can't you do that in any game with a character creator anyway? What makes The Witcher so different? Geralt has started of relatively weak in each game anyway so he might as well be that "wet-behind-the-ears-adventurer" character. In fact he's especially weak in the beginning of The Witcher 2 where it's possible for two people to defeat him - this supposedly super-human strong agile monster slayer.

I've created a few characters who look around 40 years old in RPG's that allow for customization so playing as an older character isn't exactly something special to me that only The Witcher allows.

I think its an intresting aspect of storyline how geralt is getting older by each game. At the begining of witcher 1 he wasn't exactly a young whipper snapper either…

This. This was also one reason that I enjoyed the Game of Thrones RPG (and old Kotor 2). I'm approaching 40 and it is nice to occasionally play an adult in a game.

Story-wise a fixed protagonist works well in the Witcher (or the aforementioned GoT). The story is tightly tied to Geralt's personality and backstory... This is in contrast to DA2 or the ME games where the character is almost solely defined by your in-game actions and the backstory isnt nearly as personal.

Of course this might turn people off if they dislike that particular personality.

Back
Top Bottom