Two Worlds - v1.5 Patch Info

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Thanks to Dark Savant for pointing out this post at InsideTwoWorlds.de with info on the upcoming Two Worlds v1.5 patch, which will also form the basis of the NA/UK/AUS release:
Patch 1.5 will be released on 21. August 2007. It will be more a Service Release, bringing many new features to the game, here are a few of them:

• Supporting Games for Windows (Vista Game Explorer, UAC, Media Center)
  • Improved AI Behaviour
  • Improved Trading System
  • Redesigned Faces and Animations
  • Realistic lipsync
  • Improved support for Mods
  • Fast looting for animals
  • Summoned creatures are following hero
  • Possibility to do manual magic aiming
  • Content of a chest depends on the difficulty of the lock
The Update will be already included in the UK/US/AUS version, this counts also for the Xbox 360.
More information.

Should that be more *than* a service release? Because it sounds (and also from the mention of >1GB patch size on the forums) like it is a huge patch that really does a lot.

Oh man how i waited for an announcement like this for G3 :(

So true.

It sounds like the rest of the world is going to be getting the game it should have been at release. I am quite looking forward to it now. By the time I get around to playing this it will probably be at 1.6 or greater :)

More info about v1.5 patch:

Hotbar finally works as intended!. The spells in the amulet can now be freely assigned to every hotbar, including the custom ones. This time, its SPELLS themselves which are hotkeyed - so if you change the spell in the amulet slot, the hotkeying of the previous spell WON'T go away! Which means, that - while unboosted and severely level depleted - you actually CAN have more than 3 spells on the ready! Sweet! In game it looks like this: You assign e.g. meteor to some slot, and this meteor is boosted and is of some level. Then, you want to change this spellslot to something else, e.g. Aid. You drag and drop spell as usual from the spellbook. Now, the hotkeyed entity in the hotbar will be.... yes, Meteor! It will be "crossed out" to show you it's not in the amulet slot yet, but once you attempt to use this spell via the crossed-out hotkey, the spell will be automatically moved by the game to the previously occupied slot in the amulet (in our example, this will automatically remove the Aid spell from it), only without boosters and of lower level.

Strafeclimbing, Glidebug and Freezejump have been removed! This may sadden some people, but most of us welcome a glitch-free animation system - at last!

MORE and more intelligent LEVEL SCALING! This change will probably receive the most applaud, since the game now offers some more challenge. Bandits, for instant, will almost always be scaled to your level, and their loot will grow even faster than yours - so beware of those thieving scoundrels, they can crush you quite easily! At the same time, cyclopes and ogers are almost always tougher and more experienced than you... On the other hand, low-level enemies are easier to kill, making early levels much more balanced. Also, Level scaling and loot scaling is affected by Game Difficulty! It makes sense to play "Hard" now!

Monsters with fixed loot now can be looted with one mouse click, without the necessity to go into the inventory of the enemy! A special, blue-grey icon will appear insted of a usual green one - to instaloot the enemy, just press it. But a word of caution! If you were used to looting "on-the-go", i.e. while running, it will no longer work. Now you have to stop near the enemy to instaloot.

Loot rarity has been greatly improved. In fact, in 10 hours of playing I have not found ANY unicorn horns, only 2 pearls, and one werewolf spinal core! Talking about "rare ingredients"!

Item requirement bypass by stacking unwearable items from(your) inventory to equipment slots has been fixed! Now you'll have to do with what you have, and what you can wear!

Chests have been fixed so that you no longer have to "aim" at them with your character. You can't walk ON them, and the lock controls(or loot controls) are shown in a greater radius.

Boosters and add damage gems are now BUYABLE!. The multiplayer will now be a much more balanced place. In singleplayer, you will now be able to collect boosters in a more predictable manner. It also seems that boosters are no longer findable in chests, so this will make a great change for those who were tired of booster-hunting. Both add damage gems and boosters are quite rare in selling, but not as rare as permapotions in 1.4.

Magical Aim. Yes, you read correctly. You can now aim with magic almost in the same way as with bow. You can press and hold the right mouse button (by default performs hotbar-selected action) and move the CROSSHAIR (red) to target enemies, ground, air, whatever... Of course, as always, some missiles just won't behave properly('naughty' fireballs, for instance), but now you can switch between targets freely, and are able to use AoE spells MUCH more efficiently (e.g. a meteor in the middle of a bandit camp....sweet!). The magical aim, just as bow aim, can be toggled to manual-acquire or auto-acquire targets via the 'Settings' screen, in the "Interface" tab.

No respawn of the beavers and foxes.
- Finally, there will be no liver-harvesting, or fat-hunting.
- But there is at least 2x as much of beavers and foxes available!

Almost every weapon has now a unique name. No more generic longswords- be prepared to use "Throglin's Toothpick" or "Yatholen's Sting"...

Face models and new animations:
- Screenshots - http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=23
- The lipsync FINALLY looks plausible.
- The meshes are now much better than before, and are much nicer than in e.g. Oblivion (although it's a matter of taste)
- Your character looks NICE by default ... But changes in character creation screen may make him even nicer.
- Giriza traders are much more bearable...

Amazing support.:)

Hehe, the "unique names for weapons" bit sounds very interesting. Not so sure about the scalling, but anything to make it harder is a good thing, IMO, since the game is way too easy.

I'm impressed and hopefully the long wait for this game to arrive will be worth it!!

I'm impressed and hopefully the long wait for this game to arrive will be worth it!!

That is what I'm thinking - as they have shifted the date back another week, news like this is encouraging. It is a shame they released in a under-developed state, but at least they seem to be making good.

This game will collect some dust before I pick it up. No way does it warrant a purchase before BioShock.

This game will collect some dust before I pick it up. No way does it warrant a purchase before BioShock.
Depending on how it launches, especially since it is also a X360 game, it is possible that Circuit City will have one of their $12 off sales in the 2nd week of release as they so often do (better yet would be something like the Civ IV: BtS 50% off deal this week!), so you might watch for that.

Level scaling eh ? And oblivion type no less ! This game just became (more)
unattractive...

Well, you can review BS, and I'll do TW. That should keep us both busy!! :)

More info:

Proper Damage/Interval/Critical Hit calculations This is what have been waiting for for a long time. I can now see *no damage* applied to immune beings (previously - 1 point of damage). However, once 10000(times creature specific constant) of damage is exceeded by a hit (which is still possible, however very unlikely), then the creature MAY in fact be harmed with what it's immune to. Also, damage intervals stated on weaponry are finally properly applied to each hit, meaning that you deal NON-constant amounts of damage per hit per creature. Elemental damage, as previously, is dealt in a non-intervalled manner. What surprised me most, is that misses are actually possible (not exactly as percentages state, but our theory on non-binary damage seems to be still working fine - possibly, the hit/miss is only due to increased Active AEM on the monster's side). Every once in a while, the damage seems to be increased greatly - which suggests that critical hit is finally properly applied (even if at higher levels it still is applied rarely).

Archers WON'T get away I am sure a lot of melee guys out there will like this a lot. Now archers will be locked in a greater radius, and even if they start to escape, the blows from medium sized swords will keep them back in the "bash-lock". "Bash-locking" was - and still is - the best way to deal with archers who can't be one-hit-killed, for melee characters. So, -when archer starts to run, your window of opportunity to start locking him with combo is greater, -archers move away more slowly, and -seem to start bow drawing a bit closer to the player (thus making it feasible to charge at them and bash-lock them).

More varied AI I kill one wolf from afar, and all of them WON'T always target me automatically. Seems, that stealthy kills in crowds ARE possible, at least with non-sentient beings. Also, some rather nice things are now happening in severely depleted mobs; some of them, especially in case of reapers, may lose the aggro state, and actually RUN AWAY... This also happened to me with wolves, and wyverns. Not with Groms, and not with bandits. Quite logical, though.

new update:

Possibly REPAIRED cut-off dialogues. Now, I can't be 100% sure this is not random, but I have NEVER (up till now) heard the general greetings from NPCs, when I passed them. This seemed to be always connected to dialogue cutoffs some people had. I think we can say that the problem is gone.

NEW areas to EXPLORE!!!!!!!. Yes folks, you heard right. Several islands, scattered in the sea and river Gon, are now making swimming MUCH more interesting... I won't tell you what's on those NEW islands, see for yourself. Suffice it to say, we really needed something like this.

Special treat for trekkers and sports-freaks. On pressing f5 during the game (by default), you will see some brand new statistics. They include, among other things: - The distance covered on foot. -The distance swam(swum?). -The longest jump. These will surely win over those more competetive of you who'd like to e.g. jump longer than anyone else.

Multiplayer ingredients If you are tired (like we are) of those munchkins who just shuttle between lobby and some map to just find the fixed foxes or bolted beavers or steady saffrons or non-moving northern frostroots, then - you found yourself a true paradise. NO foxes or beavers in most maps. VERY few permaherbs. Add this to the loot scaled to lock, and you have got a HARD multiplayer. Also, it seems that maps sport just some kinds of permaherbs, and not others. Meaning, there are maps with mostly saffrons, or mostly centaurii.

Ghost attack - so you killed 5 wolves, and now just casually stroll through the place at night? NOT ANYMORE! All enemies killed(species specific, see the MOBS guide) return as ghosts. Imagine 5 spectral bears to plough through at level 10. Get the picture?

Fixed and stable day-night cycle - the impact of this on the game has yet to be fully discovered. We almost forgot how it was to trade slowly(singleplayer), or not to rush at cemeteries to be able to kill those ghouls (multiplayer- those who play know what i'm talking about). In addition, ghosts are appearing in a much more timely fashion. Trainers spend less time on vacations. Vendors like to hang out at their stalls. It's a happy Antaloor.

Multiplayer(and singleplayer) mobs placement - fauna mobs are now closer to each other. The overall density seems the same, but there is less scattering. I frequently find myself surrounded by 9 or 10 wolves, or !!! bear mobs !!!

Ghost attack - so you killed 5 wolves, and now just casually stroll through the place at night? NOT ANYMORE! All enemies killed(species specific, see the MOBS guide) return as ghosts. Imagine 5 spectral bears to plough through at level 10. Get the picture?
I love the sound of it ... wonder if I still will after dying a few times as a result!

Fixed and stable day-night cycle - the impact of this on the game has yet to be fully discovered. We almost forgot how it was to trade slowly(singleplayer), or not to rush at cemeteries to be able to kill those ghouls (multiplayer- those who play know what i'm talking about). In addition, ghosts are appearing in a much more timely fashion. Trainers spend less time on vacations. Vendors like to hang out at their stalls. It's a happy Antaloor.
That is also excellent - the 'living world' aspect in games like this is very important in terms of immersion.

MORE and more intelligent LEVEL SCALING!
looted with one mouse click
Loot rarity has been greatly improved.
Almost every weapon has now a unique name.

This sounds very much like a bow towards the action faction of C-RPG players to me ...

But on the other hand I didn't expect much else from this game.

Back
Top Bottom