Unepic

Well according to the ITS forums, timing and jumping is not a major point here (unlike PoP). It has tons if items, spells, and character abilities. So definitely a mix of both.

After playing the demo for a while, I would say its more RPG than platformer, except for the trap evasion bits, which I am really bad at.
I am not that deep into it yet, but there seem to be tons of items, magic and alchemy (with ingredients and recipies). There is an experience system. I only gained one level so far, it takes a while. Leveling lets you increase 5 SPs among weapon skills, constitution (HPs), armor (efficiency, I assume, armor also has armor rating), wand use and potions. Level restricts maximum skill level. Weapons have different abilities (e.g. daggers can do extra backstab damage). There is quite a bit of dialog, but no dialog choices so far (I take back my comment about the language though - apparently that is the separate "UnEnglish" language setting that you can choose in the setup :) The normal english is fine). Lots of game references, and RPG related jokes.
Game looks quite nice, especially the lighting, which is also a nice mechanic, as you light hallway after hallway, marking your progress.
On normal it is quite hard, I died several times.
Game autosaves regularly (on normal) and you have ingame saving/healing hotspots. No manual saving and no separate savegame slots though.

I'm having fun, nice little indie game - give it a try!

Languages: English, Unenglish, Spanish and Polish.

:lol:

I'll play the demo, the overall game looks fine. :)

Pretty good game so far, except what im NOT liking very much is how the save states are a bit buggy, for example: I'd just gotten the (not gonna spoil it) skill from the (again) quest in the (place) part of the castle, and i saved after i had achieved the skill and completed the quest. i exited the game to plug in my laptop, and when i returned to the save state, the skill was gone, but the save remembered the quest, not allowing me to redo it to get the skill, which was an EXTREMELY significant one i might add. That kind of lost me there.

I'm finding this ridiculously addictive but I haven't played a platformer since the C64 days. Is there a better way to deal with spike traps than trying to micromanage your position and jump over? Sometimes there's one near a ladder and even if I jump over it the first time, I seem to trigger it trying to line up with the ladder and so forth.

This game is so cool, bought it after trying out the demo.

I dont understand why you dont cover it in the news?

Back
Top Bottom