NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate: Gold!

Way to go Ossian! Power to da people... erm programmers. Nice to see some true-blue NWN fans get their due.

Heh, this game has been delayed for so long that people forgot about it altogether, and now it seems like it's come really quickly after SoZ!

I guess I'll have to consider reinstalling NWN2. If this had come out when it was supposed to, shortly afrer Mask, I'd have bought it on release day, no doubt. Now, I'll wait and see. The monolithic Empire: Total War is looking like owning all my gaming time for quite some time.

Imagine a game that has far more choice and consequence than most RPGs, incredible strategic and tactical depth, is totally non-linear (with plenty of optional quests), and is truly epic. It might sound like the RPG you've been dreaming of - but actually, it's Empire: Total War.

I wonder what's the mysterious link between a RTS and this thread??? It's a D&D license? Same designers? :)

I hate RTS, don't search more reason for this post!

I wonder what's the mysterious link between a RTS and this thread??? It's a D&D license? Same designers? :)

I hate RTS, don't search more reason for this post!

I hate RTS too, but you can still play the turn based campaign and leave the battles for 'auto-decide' (assuming it's like Medieval 2). It's what I did with Medieval 2 and found it fun.

I had no problem as I used my character from the OC. Loved it. :)

Daniel.

I used my same character as well, but I guess I just felt kind of 'done' with him. Also, none of the NPC's have really engaged me either.

Give it time. I stopped and started MotB at least twice before I got to a certain point and suddenly it was "holy crap this is good!". It's now one of my favourite games ever.

I'm having a bit of trouble managing my hunger (as a good player). I've tried doing the 'release their soul' thing, but so far I haven't been too successful in satisfying the hunger.

MoTB was certainly a great game, the hunger mechanic was maligned a bit by the press, but I thought it added to the game. I played a good guy and had little trouble.

MoTB definitely a great game, its best points are the coming back to party and the writing quality. For me its weakest points are the relative companions failure and the hunger mechanism linked with alignment making some play choice very hard to play. Like a druid or a pure evil character. For a good character it worked nice for me.

Ah, I worked myself into a corner with that (can't remember the details but I'd used up all the Feats and couldn't move on until I defeated someone and I was too weak...or something), so I modded it out. Never looked back. There's a simple mod at NW Vault.

If you are playing good and non chaotic and get the logical hunger feat. for a good character, then relatively soon you don't need anymore to have something to eat to be able to survive. But before that point or with different choices that's another matter.

At my replay with an evil path I give up because I get forced to be good or neutral alignment involving different path than if I was evil and that disgusted me and make me give up.

Too bad because OneForMany is one of the more attaching companion I ever saw and despite this point is a bit flawed in MoTB.

Yep I should use the mod too but I feel that sort of stuff not that good. I have a feeling a bit rigid about this, it wont be MoTB without the hunger mechanism. It's just a part of the game but a total removal is a bit too much. A mod/fix should have tuned it instead of a full removal.

Well ok when I'll try again the evil path I'll do first a long and tough quest of the right mod. :)

Back
Top Bottom