Drakensang Riddle of Rhymes

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch
So, has anybody figured this out?
The first riddle mentions 3 swords and follow the hilt, then go as the crow flies past high obstacles and then understand something. The only thing I can think of is in the map, there's a small island with 3 trees together, which I believe is the '3 swords' in the riddle, but that's about it.

If that's the map I think, the one where you meet Rakorium again, the 3 swords are
the graves of three soldiers

I think I consulted a walkthrough for this quest.

Most difficult puzzle of the entire game, IMO. Don't remember how I solved it, but your first assumption is correct.

edit: Or maybe not :) Gorath is right.

yes, I had to look for spoilers too, I probably wouldn't have if not for the fact that you can't go back to this area. Hell, even with the spoilers it was tough!
Now, also in the moors but a different thing...
Did anybody do anything with the 'something' that shows in the crack by where the necromancer was? the dwarf noticed it, but I can't find a way to get there (mouse doesn't change over the thing either)

I think you can't get down there.

About the crack:
Bad joke of a sadistic level designer. Nothing more.

The community discussed this crack, too, and one thought was that it might belong to some unfinished quests or so.

I think I consulted a walkthrough for this quest.

Is it in German? I cant find anything in English. So three soldiers' graves is where the treasure hidden?

I found wiki in German.
http://drakensang.wikia.com/wiki/Eine_alte_Schatzkarte
So,
It's 5 arrows and schematics. Am i missing anything? wiki goes further about some kind of black tree on the stones, totem etc.
also found pretty rich stash on the skull island.

What about spadesword? Can't find the shovel smith likes.

Last edited:
The grave of the 3 soldiers is the location mentioned in the first line of the first poem. That's the starting point of the search. The other place mentioned in the first poem is nearby. You have to interpret it line by line. The locations are marked on the map you linked to. The poems also include directions what you have to do, though. Some things are really hard to find, even if you know where to look.

This is the hardest quest in the whole game. The reward is worth it though. Tenobaal's arrows kick ass. 20 HP per arrow I think. You get 5 arrows and the recipe.

The grave of the 3 soldiers is the location mentioned in the first line of the first poem. That's the starting point of the search. The other place mentioned in the first poem is nearby. You have to interpret it line by line. The locations are marked on the map you linked to. The poems also include directions what you have to do, though. Some things are really hard to find, even if you know where to look.

This is the hardest quest in the whole game. The reward is worth it though. Tenobaal's arrows kick ass. 20 HP per arrow I think. You get 5 arrows and the recipe.

Indeed good arrows, I used the 5 of them on the mother rat... and she (and her friends) still kicked my sorry ass. I swear next time a new game has a level 1 quest to 'clean a cellar of rats', I'll wait until after I kill the demon god that's about to take over the world!

Tenobaal was an Elf, and a master of the bow ! He is legendary, but I don't know whether he still lives, in-game. You'll never meet him, by the way.

Ok I got the 4th rhyme after finding the boobdy trapped grave. Now what? IIm guessing u back to the 3 soldiers graves according to the poem and it says its not the first door...so u go back to the second crypt and feed the eternal guardian? Are u suppose to put something in the sarcophagus...This is a tuff one im confused. Thanks in advance.

Ok I got the 4th rhyme after finding the boobdy trapped grave. Now what? IIm guessing u back to the 3 soldiers graves according to the poem and it says its not the first door...so u go back to the second crypt and feed the eternal guardian? Are u suppose to put something in the sarcophagus...This is a tuff one im confused. Thanks in advance.

You must click on the mouth of the sarcophagus (feed him the key).

The first time I tried it, I put some nuts into the sarcophagus (there are some in a barrel in said crypt) before clicking the mouth. In my memory that did not trigger the trap. But I've found no confirmation anywhere on the web, so maybe my memory deceives me. If you haven't done it yet, could you please try the thing with the nuts (but don't blame me if it doesn't work :biggrin:)?

Rude quest, the german wiki didn't help me much but in this thread there's a post that make it much more easy:

>A solution<

With the snapshots of the wiki and this it wasn't too tough.

I actually really enjoyed trying to solve this riddle, but ultimately failed and gave in to a web search. I wish they could have made just one aspect of it a little easier to decipher, because this quest could have been a truly great experience. I'll put my critique of this quest in a spoiler just in case.

It took just the right amount of time for me, 5 minutes or so, to think of the 3 buried mercenaries (sellswords) as the starting point. It then took me about 3 trips back and forth to that 4th grave before finally finding the additional message that was "barely legible". I was really feeling proud of myself, and had a tremendous sense of accomplishment in what was clearly turning out to be a challenging riddle.

Unfortunately, this hard-to-find clue was too hard to follow given the map and the non-descript terrain.

I, too, thought that an "island where many bones did rest" was Skull Island where I previously killed a mob of skeletons, and spent a good hour poring over that spot of land. The part that disappointed me was the part about "Lurking behind wood long dead, throned upon a black, black stone". The problem is, there were dead trees on top of black rocks ALL over the place in that marsh. I even found one in the starting village, right across the water from Skull Island, where you could clearly see a cluster of rocks (I was looking for "stony ornaments"). That's where I focused all my searching.

After an hour I finally gave up, searched the web, found the German wiki, and realized the point of reference was a completely different dead tree in what seemed like a random location. This pointed you towards the ruined temple and all the grave-markers (which I now figured must be made of stone). I really wish they had included some kind of unique landmark and referred to that, instead of simply a dead tree that could be found in various locations throughout the map. Or alternatively, they could have left off that label "Skull Island" from the map, as it created a needless red herring in this challenging riddle.

I'd like to think that I could have figured out the significance of putting together each half of the round gravemarkers to get to the right place, but I'll never know because I saw too many pictures online when I finally gave up and looked. Even though I got the reward, I felt like this was a failed quest that could have been great with just a tiny little different implementation.

I'm glad to see some of you veterans got stuck on this too :). Sadly, even though I figured out the "3 swords" reference:
I found the graves by the harpy hill I still can't figure it out.

tough quest!

Yes, I had my problems, too. I could only solve it via help of the forum, then.

I also had problems here.
Finding those trees from the riddle is not a big task, because they are all marked on the map. Finding the right one was difficult, though, because I don't think that any location really fit the description very well. Furthermore, the area was so dark on my computer that I didn't really recognize much that was further away.

Back
Top Bottom