My Deus Ex X 4 Playthought ( might contain spoilers )

Well, I kept running down into the subway and run up to hit him again, so he did not defeat me either…. it could go on forever like that.

Well, I kept running down into the subway and run up to hit him again, so he did not defeat me either…. it could go on forever like that.

Until you run out of ammo...

So after losing to Gunther, it looks like they still see some use for me, since I costed so much for the US government! Instead of killing me, I'm captured in a cell, which looks kind of impossible to escape from.

But some mysterious hacker called Daedalus ( hmm why is this so familiar on this forum ? ) is helping me and opens the door! Intriguing it's time to escape this place!

It looks like this is some research facility for making genetic changes to people and animals, of course since I am the best such a species so far, it's no problem for me to get through the place! I also found my brother but he doesn't want to be saved, there is also some strange French terrorists guy which I helped escape.

After I'm out of the facility I am facing all the people of my old work site, some of them are somewhat supporting but most of them hates me, so not much choice except killing them, it was a bit mind-boggling to revisit that place! Now I am out and it is finally time to go to Hong Kong!

Now for the second disappointment in this otherwise great game! After the Gunther debacle my patience is running thing with these things.

The pilot apparently "screwed" up and we are dragged into a base, as if they haven't realised I am a real threat by now there is no one who waits by the chopter and they are not blowing it up or any such a thing, instead they let me walk out and wreck havoc among the place.... this is becoming a bit like the bad parts of a bond movie, dissapointing after everything started out so great. Time to take a break for awhile, I am planning on coming back and finish it though, after disappointment settles down a bit.

I must be the slowest player ever! But I finally made it to Hong Kong and the game is picking up a bit again now and I am having fun again. A relief after some rather "bad" parts…. also the music in this game is really great! Now time to find that suspicious Maggie Chow!

Back
Top Bottom