Fallout: New Vegas - Magazine Tidbits #2

You believe that having an end cut scene and a big boss defeated adds more to what a game has to offer? we disagree , i believe that open world / free roam games only end when you feel the need to make another character and approach things differently .
What i am trying to say is that the journey matters , not arrival to a destination.

I personally want a main quest to follow though, when i get tired of exploration it's nice to get railed for a while and progress the story. It doesn't have to be linear and I don't want the game to end when I finish the main quest.

Sounds really promising.
Faction stuff ,world responsiveness, skippable tutorial…
With inspired writing and refined character system this could hit the jackpot.
I too hope followers won´t be integral to the game all the time and will be implemented more in the optional and/or occasional vein, similarily to Gothics for example.

Fallout 3 was quite a solid game on its own, but really in a different league than its two predecessors. If there´s a studio that holds promise to, eh, nextgenize the franchise adequately, it´s Obsidian.
Here´s me hoping for smooth development and smart planning.

Really looking forward to this game. I'd pre-order right now if I could. But I'm worried: usually when I anticipate too much I get disappointed. If New Vegas reminds me Fallout 2 using the Fallout 3 engine, I'll be delighted

I'll try to keep my expectations down, so I won't get disappointed, but it's definetly going to be hard. I really am thrilled that Obsidian is working on a FO title.

Why are no more mutants allowed covering this? They don't like any other game except Fallout 1/2

Why are no more mutants allowed covering this? They don't like any other game except Fallout 1/2

Maybe they are giving Obsidian the benefit of the doubt? They did also cover loads of FO3 preview stuff ...

Hope for what? I *want* it to be in first-person again. That was one of the things I liked about FO3.

+1. I liked that change and find isometric highly overrated in the RPG community. The engine worked very well for me and can be a solid base. I might even had rated FO3 above the predecessors if the writing had been better and the SPECIAL implementation been tuned/balanced better.

Even a lobotomized Obsidian team can beat bethsoft in the first department, and that is enough for me to look forward to this game.

What i am trying to say is that the journey matters , not arrival to a destination.
I wholeheartedly agree, but without a destination to arrive to there's no journey either. But ok, I guess that's subjective, I couldn't keep playing Oblivion or F3 after finishing the main quest.

I wholeheartedly agree, but without a destination to arrive to there's no journey either. But ok, I guess that's subjective, I couldn't keep playing Oblivion or F3 after finishing the main quest.

At least you are man enough to play OB before finishing the MQ .

sorry for the out of topic

Maybe they are giving Obsidian the benefit of the doubt? They did also cover loads of FO3 preview stuff …

NOw now, covering and slandering are two differant things.

Back
Top Bottom