A game

gaboru93

Sentinel
what game can you guys suggest me?

Erm, you have to be bit more specific...

High-Fantasy or Sci-Fi? CRPG or Action RPG? PC or console? Paper or plastic?

You can ignore the last one :p

lol ummm well i don't like Sci-fi... could you expalin me what CRPG means? and it's for a PC

CRPG= Computer Role Playing Game!! Read some of the threads here about favourite games; they should get you started!!

oh ok thank you i will search but i haven't seen too many

FastCrawl

Look it up, the demo is free, full version 20 bucks.

Mr Pawley is should be hooking me up w/ a finders fee here ='.'=

FastCrawl

Look it up, the demo is free, full version 20 bucks.

Mr Pawley is should be hooking me up w/ a finders fee here ='.'=

hehe - great choice, Sammy! I did *another* dungeon between last night & today, in between everything else ... just loads of simple fun.

I suggest Oblivion with Guns. It's all the rage across the boards.

Im gonna make a FastCrawl tips thread eventually, been putting some down in a txt file as they come to me. Trying to compile some "best party members" pics too

Havent played much lately, been busy at work, school, and trying to actually play PnP D&D.

@Cormac
Bethesda better not screw up Fallout 3 or they'll have a horde at their gates; which, i believe, is inevitable...

gaboru93, what RPGs have you played and liked?

Mr. Pawley owes you a commission on my purchase, Sammy. It's certainly a fun game. Quick and dirty, but fun. Actually a nice alternative to a 100+ hour Wiz8 marathon. I'm still learning some of the ins and outs as I play more, particularly as weapon/armor/item kitting goes. I had to do my first "retreat all" last game. The dragon boss was pretty tough, but it was his entourage that really kicked my butt.

My submission to your tips thread:
Ghosts suck. Big, hairy donkey balls. Kill them early. Kill them often. Kill them D-E-D dead!

The beauty of the game is in it's forced purist gameplay, that there's no "trying again". You fail, that's it.:biggrin:

Well, kinda. Finish a game, then go back and "continue" ='.'=

Now as far as the "what item affects whose damage", that one can be tricky, and the best thing for that is to swap the item out while looking next to their portrait at their damage. Ive wasted items on mages before that have no effect on their spells. Throwing daggers are a waste, period. The best thing, bar none, in my opinion is to give your meteor-flinging mage(s) fire resistance draining items. Every hit they make, all creatures take damage on their fire resistance. 3 hits later, if anyone is still left standing, their fire resistance is like -35 and you got more coming. Have two mages going, it's over!

resistance_doom.jpg

But yeah, ghosts and basilisks are two of the more dreaded creatures to face. If you get "paralyze" type items, give them to a rogue or even better a non-meteored mage (paralyze wont work with meteor) el pronto, and get the creature frozen. A "rush" can help too, never underestimate the power of a well-timed rush.

I still get hammered to this day playing the game, sometimes youre just flat out overpowered and there's not much you can do but strategically start retreating members and hoping who's left can clean up!

Strangely enough, it seems that game length increases the difficulty steeper than actual difficulty settings do. Play a short game on challenge, then play a long game. Im not talking in the long run it will be more difficult, the first stages of a "long" game will be more difficult than the first stages of a "short" game.

Last edited:
thank you guys for the help
@ Dr. A my favourite RPC is Gothic and Gothic2 (still waiting for 3)
and more but i can't remember all! games like: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemtion
Dungeons siege.... ummm Star Wars Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast and more

thank you guys for the help
@ Dr. A my favourite RPC is Gothic and Gothic2 (still waiting for 3)
and more but i can't remember all! games like: Vampire the Masquerade - Redemtion
Dungeons siege.... ummm Star Wars Jedi Knight II : Jedi Outcast and more

Well, I'm a Star Wars geek, so ...

Have you played Jedi Academy, the original Jedi Knight and its' Mysteries of the Sith expansion? All worth playing - as is Dark Forces, but that is getting older and harder to get running on XP systems.

I have only played the one mentioned above but i like them verry much so i will try them. btw... wich is the last game? Jedi Academy?

I have only played the one mentioned above but i like them verry much so i will try them. btw... wich is the last game? Jedi Academy?

The order is:
- Star Wars Dark Forces (1995)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (1997)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (1998)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002)
- Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (2003)

ok thank you! i want to try that Jedi Academy!!! i think it will be interesting:) but i'm not going to buy it right now... i was looking for something else

Have you played D&D games? Like Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale series, Temple Of Elemental Evil?

I find the Gothic series are the best in the 3rd person Action-RPG genre. You could try Morrowind or *the other Elder Scroll game*. I'm sorry but I just can't use its name. It annoys the hell outta me but you may like it...

Back
Top Bottom