Mass Effect 2 - Surprise Next Week

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Not really the biggest news around, but Kotaku reports that Chris Priestly drops a hint about some surprise next week. There is no indication as to what it will be. Here is what he said:
Man, so much time tied up today in meetings and "secret stuff" I didn't get any time with ME2 at all. =( Still with the coming surprise for next week on the ME2 website, I'm sure fans will forgive me for no update. Did I, Evil Chris Priestly, just drop a hint? Yes. Yes I did.
More information.

I know!
They suspended the project and will continue after Jade Empire 2 which means we'll see the game in 2012!

:D

I know!
They suspended the project and will continue after Jade Empire 2 which means we'll see the game in 2012!

:D

LOL - or the "surprise" will be that over 50% of the game is being yanked from retail to be sold as $5 DLC starting 1 week after release.

My experience is that "surprises" of this nature are mostly VERY underwhelming. We're talking a new trailer or a wallpaper or something :)

Demo would be nice, though ;)

How about a true surprise. For the first time ever a publisher and developer release a game earlier than expected :lol:

How about a true surprise. For the first time ever a publisher and developer release a game earlier than expected :lol:

Maybe a character creator? Although that sort of runs counter to their whole thing with carrying over Shepard from ME1.

Ooo! Mass Effect 2 the Flash-based browser game!

Perhaps they divide the game into three parts like starcraft and first part is released before xmas 2009? More likely its just another flash game, character editor or internet comic.

ME2 will instead be a movie, because Bioware finally understands thats what they should be doing and wants to do, in the first place :p ok, maybe not.. they're not THAT smart.

My experience is that "surprises" of this nature are mostly VERY underwhelming. We're talking a new trailer or a wallpaper or something :)

Demo would be nice, though ;)

Dream on, welcome to the new look web-site.

I suspect DArtagnan is right - it'll be something fairly common, like a wallpaper og a trailer.

Please don't even suggest that, I'm still pissed off about SC2. :lol:

Pissed off? That's the best thing that happened to SC imo. More content. Yey. :D And yeah, it's worth the extra money considering how much game time you get when compared to most other high-profile games out there.

I know you all are just dying to know what the "surprise" is. According to Just Push Start it will be announced tomorrow.

To tell the truth it's a little interesting to see the reaction of that silly tweet by Chris. I'm not talking about here, but at various gaming websites. I was really reluctant to even post it because it just seems so stupid to me. Unless it is some announcement that either the demo will be released, it's ahead of schedule, there will be 100+ hours of gaming goodness in it, or it will include an editor to mod your own games then whatever he is alluding at can't be all that big. Yet, everyone and their mother (and me) posted info on it. Maybe everyone posted it just to make fun of it. I know it was funny reading some of your comments.

Anyways, curious observations aside there is even more news now. For those interested it seems the mysterious awesome announcement will take place tomorrow. You can go here to read the newsbit from Just Push Start.

The surprise has something to do with their newly designed website. Can we all say "wallpaper". I knew you could. ;)

Btw, Woges I had no idea what the heck you meant by new look website. Now I know you were talking about the Mass Effect 2 website. I thought you were talking about this one:D

Last edited:
My idea would be :

- Hidden DLC in DA for Mass Effect 2 ! :D

Pissed off? That's the best thing that happened to SC imo. More content. Yey. :D And yeah, it's worth the extra money considering how much game time you get when compared to most other high-profile games out there.

Depends what you mean by more content. They're saying it's so they can make the single player campaign longer. Are you actually buying that? If they just wanted that then why not wait until it's completely finished and released it all at once? Because they know they can get $50 apiece for 3 seperate products, and string us out over a 5-6 year period to maximize their profits. The part that kills me is that we're only getting access to 1 faction per episode.

My money is on some trailer showing one (or more) of the new recruitable companions.

ME2 will instead be a movie, because Bioware finally understands thats what they should be doing and wants to do, in the first place.
In a world of consequence-less choices one man can make a superficial difference. This summer … a hero will rise. The ultimate, epic story-driven story. From the creators of such smash-hit, barely interactive media as Knights of Old Republic and Jade Empire comes ... Mass Effect 2: Rise of the Cutsceen.

If only Don LaFontaine had lived.

Depends what you mean by more content. They're saying it's so they can make the single player campaign longer. Are you actually buying that? If they just wanted that then why not wait until it's completely finished and released it all at once?

Because we'd have to wait 2 or more years for the whole 3 campaigns.
Because they know they can get $50 apiece for 3 seperate products, and string us out over a 5-6 year period to maximize their profits
They said that the other 2 games will be priced as expansions sets. Just like Brood War was. And it's not 5-6 years. They said that every new expansion will come out every year. Wings of Liberty 2010, Heart of the Swarm 2011, Legacy of the Void 2012. Hopefully without delays. :p
The part that kills me is that we're only getting access to 1 faction per episode.
Only in singleplayer. You have access to all 3 races in multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom