Sacred 2 Black screen on exit

CelesteGB

Watchhamster
Hey all,

After finally installing Win 7, I re-installed Sacred 2. It would appear that I can run and play the game fine. I can save and exit to the main menu but when I exit the main menu, I get a black screen (alt+tab, task manager, etc can't be seen) and have to manually reboot.

I have gone to the site but can't seem to find an answer to my issue. I've tried all the other fixes listed for black screen during game play, have re-installed and avoided the 2.43 patch, etc and still nothing. I seem to remember this happening with another game...maybe it was NWN (original) and it was the monitor refresh problem if I recall). I can't test it because it's not even in the menu. I'll have to do a better search for either the config.sys or .ini file

Does anyone have any suggestions? :)

Thanks!

Celeste

Actually, knock on wood...I fixed it! I knew it had something to to with the graphics and Windows wasn't letting it go (for lack of a better description)so I used Disable desktop themes and visual composition in the Compatibility mode :D

After two days of fussing, I can relax...and probably play something else *snicker*

Back
Top Bottom