Underworld Ascendant - Final Week

Yep. Or this one, or this one, or this one, or this one, or the numerous promises of Star Citizen that were broken already or how Obsidian handled PoE delays by revealing them to the gaming media first instead of directly addressing the backers or how Oculus Rift sold out to Facebook, and many, many others...
I, for one, am done with Kickstarter and crowd funding. I would have backed Underworld Ascendant in a heartbeat back in 2012/2013 but have been burnt on too many projects that have either under-delivered or shown a disrespect towards their loyal backers.
I might buy UA, of course, if it turns out to be decent but I'm not backing any games on principle anymore. Fool me once... (well, you know the rest)...

I am a little bummed that they shifted the goal posts on the Necropolis out to an unreachable amount. Guess then I'll just file this away in the memory banks and see what they come out with.

Yep. Or this one, or this one, or this one, or this one, or the numerous promises of Star Citizen that were broken already or how Obsidian handled PoE delays by revealing them to the gaming media first instead of directly addressing the backers or how Oculus Rift sold out to Facebook, and many, many others…
I, for one, am done with Kickstarter and crowd funding. I would have backed Underworld Ascendant in a heartbeat back in 2012/2013 but have been burnt on too many projects that have either under-delivered or shown a disrespect towards their loyal backers.
I might buy UA, of course, if it turns out to be decent but I'm not backing any games on principle anymore. Fool me once… (well, you know the rest)…

That's too bad because the are quite a few games that we have today that would have NEVER been made without it. Hopefully you have a change of heart one day. All I can say is, research anything you want to back and never back more then you are prepared to lose.

It is one of the very few I have backed because the team is made of veterans in their fifties and not hipster kids and pseudo "game design legends" like Chris Avellone or Josh Sawyer. From the time when the people who designed the games also were the ones who programmed and were for the most part computer engineers at the top of their craft.

Back
Top Bottom