Neverwinter Nights Diamond - quality of official campaigns?

Hmmm... well next time I reinstall NWN I'll have to google and see if I can find them. I never bought any modules when the game came out for whatever reason and would like to play them.

I'm quite sure those premium modules can still be found and played. You might have to visit one of the seedier areas of the web though. ;)

I was one of the 5 people in the world that actually liked the OC of NWN1.

I liked it as well. The only part really distracting me from playing further on was that … lizards creatures thing … err, I don't have the right words ffor it, vbecause I know only so little about it (I mean setting-wise) …

That made me stop the game, alas !

Unfortunately Kingmaker etc. never reached Germany. I must import it iof I want o play it (and I plan to, since it seems to be cheap).

The Diamond Edition also never reached Germany. I'd like to personally ask an Infogrames/Atari rep why.

Some of these "Premium Modules" are still sold via Amazon Marketplace, I think.

The NWN OC is dull, very slow and just uninspired. It feels like a demo for the toolset which would have been fine if it was just one chapter long but as it is it overstays its welcome.

I guess if you play it, play it on hard. I remember on regular there was no challenge at all which made the game more of a chore.

Shadows Of Unrentide was an improvement. Still a bit on the dull side but had a nicer variety of locales than the first and short enough to offer a decent play through if you can stick through it. Nothing special though.

Hordes Of The Underdark was the best of the bunch - fast paced, challenging battles and just more fun to play overall. THIS is how the OC should have been done.

So just like with NWN2's Mask Of The Betrayer, NWN is worth getting just for HoTU (though NWN2's OC was much better than NWN's - but still nothing great).

I agree w/ Relayer on the order of how things went for NWN - from best to worst:
Hordes, SOU, then OC.

Same goes for NWN2, as well - Mask is great.

Back
Top Bottom