Wizardry I - II - III on SNES - Translated by fans.

It's short if you know where your going. It should take a decent amount of time but Being able to save anywhere and auto map will surely shorten the game but you have a trilogy and there are 8 total so I have no doubt you'll get your fill.

For sure. :)

I'm also playing Etrian Odyssey as well. Another really fun dungeon crawler for DS. Love these types of games, man. Just love them. :)

A COMPLETE LISTING OF WIZARDRY TITLES, WIZARDRY-CLONES AND WIZARDRY-INSPIRED GAMES -- INCLUDING TITLES DEVELOPED BY EX-DEVELOPERS OF WIZARDRY GAMES SUCH AS THE ELMINAGE SERIES AND THE UPCOMING STRANGER OF SWORD CITY.

SOURCE: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/complete-list-of-wizardries-wiz-clones-and-other-dungeon-crawlers-updated-feb-24-16.105918/

A complete listing of every single Wizardry title developed and released since 1987 with accompanying pictures and relative information such as the game language, whether there is a translation patch or if it was officially localized and for what platform is the title available on.

RPGCodex members MrRichard999 and Helly have been busy translating the following Wizardry games: Wizardry Gaiden 1, 2, 3, and 4; Wizardry Chronicle; and Wizardry Empire 2.

Reignite your passion for turn-based dungeon crawling by treating yourself to games like Elminage: Original, Elminage: Gothic, Wizardry Empire 2: Legacy of the Princess, Wizardry Gaiden 4: Throb Of The Demon's Heart, Generation XTH 1: Code Hazard and many, many others, with even more being translated.

Upcoming releases from ex-developers of Wizardry games such Stranger of Sword City and Demon Gaze 2 among many others are also right around the corner. The new golden age of classic dungeon crawling has arrived.

Last edited:
The worst about the early Wizardry are the monsters who drain levels from you in the higher levels of the dungeon, and often they have the initiative in combat and can hit you multiple times before you can flee or fight back.

The worst about the early Wizardry are the monsters who drain levels from you in the higher levels of the dungeon, and often they have the initiative in combat and can hit you multiple times before you can flee or fight back.

Yeah that was bad but I thought getting wiped out by a bunch of 1 hitting vorpal bunnies was worse.

Yeah that was bad but I thought getting wiped out by a bunch of 1 hitting vorpal bunnies was worse.

It's not worse because you can got fetch them again with another party. But getting levels drained represent hours and hours of work lost in an instant.

It's not worse because you can got fetch them again with another party. But getting levels drained represent hours and hours of work lost in an instant.

Except that it could take hours to get your guys out, plus if it takes too long they can be missing items or get eaten altogether and be gone. Then you need to get cash to resurrect them and if it fails and they turn to ash then you need more money to bring them back from that and if that fails your guys gone forever.

I'll take level drains vs the chance to lose weapons or guy permanently. Different things bug different people though.

No, the worst is dragging your party members to the Temple of Cant, paying the priest 1000gp or whatever to chant... and murmer... only to have it fail. The character is perma'd and the church just took your money for the privilege!

--

In a related note, the link to the Codex above (always a dangerous prospect) includes some editors.

Well, they forgot the most import editor in gaming history

https://archive.org/details/a2_Wizfix_Wizardry_Editor_19xx_

Hmmm, I thought Wizardry I - II - III on SNES already had an english translation built right in though you have to enable it somewhere in that nest of nipponese menus. The PC & PS1 versions are very similar except for a HUGE graphical feature - the PS1 version has a MUCH larger 3D window than the PC version so that remains the recommended port. As for its difficulty- well, I saw a guy on youtube who seemed like a veteran RPG player almost literally tearing his hair out trying to play the SNES version due to it being so hardcore. So with that in mind, I would just like to end this post with: May God be with you, brave brave Sir Fluent.

It is. The patch just enables the option by default because it can be a bitch to find in the options. ;)

Back
Top Bottom