Dawn of War II - DRM

I've held off this long on CoH for reasons like we've mentioned, but I would welcome you chiming in once you've put some time into CoH (It is relevant to this thread in my opinion as I am the OP and both are relic squad management RTS :eek:).

I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it. I'm knee deep in The Witcher right now though...

One thing I noticed about the minimum requirements for CoH that took me by surprise, you need 8GB hard drive space just for installation!!

One thing I noticed about the minimum requirements for CoH that took me by surprise, you need 8GB hard drive space just for installation!!

That might be because the game requires extra space for temp data (extraction of compressed large files etc.) rather than 8GB being the actual folder size after a full install. Now I'm not saying that the game won't actually be 8GB after the setup has completed (that might very well be the case) but the system requirements given by developers of a game tend to factor in any space required for temporary data. The actual folder size could be a lot lower in the end.

Skaven- Yes, it's had it's ups and downs but when the rubber hits the road, I'm enjoying it. My initial disdain for it's no-base, no fleets, no Chaos (hopeful expansion) soon gave way to a so-so humdrum of the same moving orders given to to same soldiers on the same-looking map over and over again blues - but then I started really getting into it. The maps switched up, youre given more units, Eldar hit the scene, more choice in missions, it starts getting a lot more interesting. Did for me, anyway.

Bullshit DRM and no-save thing aside, I think it's a good game, I want to try a skirmish against a couple pc players and see how I fare. That's how an RTS gains the ultimate longetivity and becomes a great game for me - if I can play any race I want in random map skirmishes against the ai, and it's fun. If that shakes out well, ill be a happy camper!

Havent been able to do any gaming last two days, Im locked in homework mode right now. Plan on picking it up again soon, I havent even locked horns w/ the Tyranids yet.

I love Space marines so I can't complian about that,
the loss of base building is harsh blow , but the game really has an engaging story(at least for me). so I like it alot, plus it I love customizing my squads:)

ORC:"back off lively"?!
I mean really, what next? a warboss screaming "Once again into the breach you lotz"?

Back
Top Bottom