Light of Altair

magerette

Hedgewitch
Just came across this title and was wondering if anyone had played it.

It's a space colony builder with space battles and ship design and reminds me a bit of Masters of Orion 2--though I've yet to find a game that really touched that one, I'm always looking. This review seems to think it's a simplified 4X-er but I'm curious to see if anyone else has any thoughts.

I got it for review but the need to review was canceled ... but I've not even installed it yet ...

Considering the gazillion games you normally have going, I understand perfectly. :)

I've got the demo downloaded--I'll probably get around to playing it in the next week or so. I was just curious if anyone had already checked it out.

Played the demo--very generic and nothing special but I only did the first two very simple missions before boredom took me away. Possibly when you get into ship design and combat it may improve, but I have too many games on my list atm to wade through this one.

That is about how I felt when I tried it night before last ... no time for it now.

Space games are typically sources of some grand graphical spectacles, and Light of Altair has some good features in its independent roots.

Back
Top Bottom