Mass Effect: Andromeda - E3 Trailer

I have a strong feeling scenes for this one were mixed fast and without a plan just so there is a trailer.

I'm not getting the classic Bioware vibe about any scripted protagonist. Are we sure this won't be - roguelike with no story and random generated names/stats/skills/species?

The ship in the trailer (tempest) gives credibility to last year leak, along a few other things shown. There is a story, but it's more of the find, explore and build a new home variety than "save the galaxy" one. There is also lots of optional content according to the leak.

The scripted protagonist is called "the pathfinder" and it is the character wearing the white armor in the trailer.

After watching this trailer, my partner said it best: "There's a lot of groups in this trailer. I hope it's not a really multiplayer-focused thing, with the always-online stuff. If they push the online multiplayer thing and don't leave any room for single player, I'm not interested."

After watching this trailer, my partner said it best: "There's a lot of groups in this trailer. I hope it's not a really multiplayer-focused thing, with the always-online stuff. If they push the online multiplayer thing and don't leave any room for single player, I'm not interested."

Lets just hope that your partner is not a psychic !

Ladies, at 0.52 you have your romance option. :p

The graphics look fantastic. I particularly liked the flying fish thing at 0.47. And was that a Mako I saw a bit later on...? I think there's a lot of positives in that trailer, but yeah I'm definitely waiting for more information on the gameplay before I get excited. Forced multiplayer would kill it for me.

I also have bad feeling about it, like:let's hype people on cool graphics before we reveal unpleasant truth.

So many words, but said almost nothing.

I am not hyped by this shit. But lets see if this become even worse than ME2 and ME3 or maybe they improve on some things.

It's good they seem to be focusing on multi-race crew in this one.
ME( and III in particular) was way too human oriented...we should have been given an option to kick them all off the Normandy (Joker, Doc and striptease secretary excluded :p).

I'll be positive. Looks awesome and they know what they did wrong in ME3.

PXssBwp.png

Was a great peak into what's coming up: I think it showed that they have something special on the way, the sense of wonder is definitely there: felt more dangerous and unknown...how a space exploration game should feel.

Speculation in the BioWare forums is that travel to the Andromeda Galaxy was needed to allow a new ME free from the impact of Shepard's red/green/blue ME3 ending choices (In theory Shepard's choices would have impacted only the Milky Way relay network leaving the Andromeda Galaxy unaffected -- Andromeda settlers leaving prior to Shepard's red/green/blue choice likewise unaffected).

Short intro dialogs have been proposed to provide a minimally required connection with ME3 as follows:

***​
Proposal 1
Guy 1: "Hey, you ever wonder what happened to the folks back in the Milky Way?"

Guy 2: "Nah. Reapers most likely wiped them all out. No way I want to think about that. …And now I'm thinking about it. Thanks for that."

Guy 1: "Don't you think Commander Shepard killed 'em all?"

Guy 2: "Who knows? Maybe s/he did, maybe s/he didn't. Maybe Shepard found a way to control the Reapers and now rules the galaxy as some kind of God Emperor. Or maybe s/he sacrificed herself at the behest of some star-child so that everyone in the Milky Way are now these weird cyborg people, now."

Guy 1: "…Those are stupid ideas and you're stupid for thinking them."

***​
Proposal 2
"So… what do you think happened back home?"

"Doesn't matter. It's been 200 years. Everyone we knew or cared about is probably dead by now anyway. Whether the Reapers killed them or they died at a ripe old age, who knows? We can't go back."

"Well, do you think Shepard actually did it?"

"It doesn't matter anymore. Everybody is probably dead, Shepard too. End of discussion."

"God, you're bitter."

***​
Proposal 3
"Hey, NotShepard, did you hear they turned everyone back in the Milky Way into glowing, green half-androids?"

"Yeah, that was crazy. Now, about your requisition request….."

***​

:)

__

Last edited:
Proposal 4 of mine that's most likely in the game:

NPC: "So… what do you think happened back home?"

NotShepard: "We bang, okay?"

This new Normandy has a highly politically incorrect shape resembling certain very inappropriate tools… Who was the idiot that designed it and who was the another poor unfortunate who approved the new design? Fire them!

Also fire the female character face designers, because so far in this trailer the women look UGLY!

Back
Top Bottom