Arcania: FoS - Review @ GameStar.de

I played the demo of Arcania and could not stand it. I was very fond of Gothic 3 (first I played in the series) and almost as much so of 1 & 2 (though I know purists will probably say I've got that backwards).

I also believe that Arcania was pretty poorly received in the press and by the public. So, in the first place, I'm surprised that any DLC was made for Arcania. But, more importantly, you have this opportunity to make up for what appears to be a pretty big blunder, but instead (it appears) you go an botch it again.

This seems to bode ill for the future of the franchise, which is really too bad because I feel it still has a lot of life left in it.

So, in the first place, I'm surprised that any DLC was made for Arcania.

FoS was made in parallel with the main game and finished at around the time that the main game shipped. So commercial or critical success (or lack thereof) did not play any role at all in the decision-making process of whether DLC was made. They were going to have DLC, no matter what.

Too bad, I actually enjoyed Arcania for what it was, a nice looking and playing action RPG (Yes, I actually managed to detach the name Gothic from it in my head). I will not try this DLC, that's for sure.

I've been holding it in my hands yesterday : It is sold here in Germany boxed, too.
(Sorry for the grammar.)

Back
Top Bottom