Age of Decadence - September Update

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In the september update for Age of Decadence we learn that the last location has been made available and that the game is now feature complete and story complete.

First and foremost, as of this moment the game is feature- and story-complete and is fully playable from start to finish, i.e. from 8 vignettes to 13 endings. What started more than 10 years ago as a dream has finally became a distinctive role-playing game, which will be released on Steam, GoG, and Gamers Gate on October 14, 2015.

During the next 5 weeks we’ll work on the balance, visuals, flavor text, and bug-fixing. As always, your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration, so try the update and let us know what you think.

If you’re just curious about the game but unsure if it’s for you, try the demo. It’s been recently updated and gives you access to the first ‘chapter’ and over 30 quests split between different factions.

As for the update:

• The final location (an ancient ziggurat – a resting place of one of the Gods who fought alongside men in the Great War but vanished after the collapse of the Empire)
  • 13 different endings, dictated by players’ choices, deeds, the items they’ve obtained, and even what they have witnessed during the game.
  • Improved combat AI: until now the enemies used 3-4 different attacks based on their to-hit-chance and your armor; the new and improved combat AI includes all attacks, use of alchemy, and quick switching from melee to ranged when needed.
What’s left to do:

• Music for Ganezzar (almost done, should be added in the next update)
  • Faction, character, and personal endings (where you end up after the events of the game if you stick with a faction; maybe you’ll end up on top, maybe you’ll be sent to keep Centurion Bass company)
  • Expanded dialogues (flavor only) and personal stories
  • More death descriptions
Thanks Pladio.

More information.

Really? Finished? Yay! Finally over after 10 years :D

Grats to the Devs! :)

Oct 14th ... perfect, should be done with my current few games and thrown my hands up in disgust over Sword Coast Legends by then ;)

now story and feature complete? I hate to bring up bugs but its pretty close to the release date. I would understand if they want it ready for Christmas but that concerns me. Funny, cuz I'm not one of the negative nancies on this one.

now story and feature complete? I hate to bring up bugs but its pretty close to the release date. I would understand if they want it ready for Christmas but that concerns me. Funny, cuz I'm not one of the negative nancies on this one.

Gamewise, there are very few bugs left.

I only noticed one 'big' one until now and I'm 15 hours or so into the game.

Brilliant news. I participated in interface discussions way back on the RPGCodex forums, back when Oscar was an unknown salsa dancer submitting Photoshop mockups, and it's really splendid to see Iron Tower close to wrapping up this project.

And the combat system has developed so well that I'm eager to see the party-based "dungeon crawler"/tactics project they turn to next.

I never though this game would ever release, I played the combat demo so many years ago it seems.

A day after wasteland 2 DC. This october is jam packed.

Divinity: Original Sin Extended Edition is also currently planned for an October release (at least according to devs on the Kickstarter comments section).

We've been releasing content in steady intervals, testing, improving, fixing, and moving on to the next one. Most features went in a long time ago and the improved combat AI is the last 'feature'.

Overall, the game is in a very good shape and the remaining 5 weeks will give us plenty of time to polish it.

Congrats on the upcoming release. I'm looking forward to playing it. Way to persevere, guys!!!

Congratulations.

Will saves work with the final version if I start a new game now? Or should I wait?

Congratulations.

Will saves work with the final version if I start a new game now? Or should I wait?

I'd recommend waiting. In any case, the game is quite replayable, so you can try several different characters before the release. Basically, one character won't see all the questlines and events, you can play at least 5 completely different storylines.

I'd recommend waiting. In any case, the game is quite replayable, so you can try several different characters before the release. Basically, one character won't see all the questlines and events, you can play at least 5 completely different storylines.

Thank you for the quick reply. I've waited what seems like seven centuries for this game so I guess I can wait a little more for the "final" version.

Excited to try this out, I think I pre-ordered it way back when. What was the platform you pre-ordered through? Can't remember and trying to find 4 year old email...

Back
Top Bottom