Peter and the Wolf

Momotaca

Traveler
So why am I talking about Peter and the Wolf, story and music written by Sergi Prokovief in 1936 ( see link en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_and_the_Wolf ) in a games Forum? Simple, I'm still waiting for someone to adapt those principles to CRPG game music. In the story, each of the characters has a unique musical theme. Those themes come together as the various characters react. Similar to the visual tiles some games use, someone will eventually develop musical tiles that blend together in different but not random ways as the characters interact in various scenarios. We already have musical backgrounds for the various sceneries. Now find a way to add themes for the various characters/NPC's/monsters.

Didn't AC 2 do this? Music in games isn't my thing but I remember AC 2 havinbg an article about this a while ago (I think, I could be way off of course).

That's one of the occations I usually ask myself : "Why wasn't this idea used earlier ?" To me, it's an excellent idea.

Music, in general, hasn't really evolved in many years in game development; it's still very tedious and quickly gets boring. Combat music especially is often overdramatic and repetitive. The best music I think I've heard in any game is the music in Gothic 3 - quite exceptional work. Other than that it's all pretty much the same boring stuff all over, and I end up turning the music off.

Hey, I played the Wolf once in a production of P&tW!! :) I was pretty good, if I do say so myself!!!! :biggrin:

Corwin in a fursuit?

I so did not need that image in my head.

Back
Top Bottom