Hard West - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hard West will be released today on Steam:

When a tragic turn of events sets one man down a path of supernatural chaos and revenge, he must brutally hunt down all those whom wronged him. Fight and survive through 8 unique story-based scenarios, and try your hand at 40 individually designed turn-based combat missions with your squad of 1-4 posse squad members.

The first 15 minutes:

More information.

i hope they fixed the fps, in almost all videos the fps seems total crap, under 25

I bought it on GoG, and I am happy to replace Fo4 with a good game during my free time :)

Yeah, I have told guys for Creative Forge that, with F4 just released, they will have hard time (pun intended) grabbing public attention. Wish them best of luck though.

That certainly sounds a step up from their original estimate of six hours of gameplay!

I will give it a try right after I'll finish D:OS EE.

Well, there's no perfect time to release an indie game... There's always going to be some AAA game that is just about to / was recently released.

Backed it on KS and waiting for update.

I bought it on GoG, and I am happy to replace Fo4 with a good game during my free time :)

Hahaha, come on. Fallout 4 isn't a bad game, it just didn't reach expectations which were very high.

On topic, i am really interested in Hard West. I wish i had the time right now. I'll buy it and give it a spin in the new year.

Well, there's no perfect time to release an indie game… There's always going to be some AAA game that is just about to / was recently released.
You're right about that, and I think indie devs worry too much about it.

I will give it a try right after I'll finish D:OS EE.

My thoughts exactly. Considering how little time I have tio play that probably won't be until next year though... (Estimating a run through of D:OS will take about 60 hours.)

Hahaha, come on. Fallout 4 isn't a bad game, it just didn't reach expectations which were very high.

On topic, i am really interested in Hard West. I wish i had the time right now. I'll buy it and give it a spin in the new year.
I had low expectations and it managed to still disappoint. I expected something between Fo3 and FNV but with better graphics and better gunplay. I got graphics and gunplay but not nearly something like FNV. And even FNV I could not play longer than 12 hours.

I was kind of killing last few days with Fo4 because I knew I would be playing Hard West when it releases and after that I still plan to finish WL2DC and SR:HK so I have no clue when I will continue Fo4 if ever. (I also got beta access to Demons Age soon as well and Bg1 expansion should release sooner than later).

MINOR SPOILER

Im trying to rescue Florence, damn this game is unforgiving. Fifth time now, I had to restart

playing on medium difficulty

I was very interested in this game until I ran across all the supernatural stuff. Not opposed to the occult and all its trappings per se --and I'd really like a turn-based Western -- but I'd like my Western to be realistic, or at least as realistic as a Sergio Leone film.

I was very interested in this game until I ran across all the supernatural stuff. Not opposed to the occult and all its trappings per se --and I'd really like a turn-based Western -- but I'd like my Western to be realistic, or at least as realistic as a Sergio Leone film.

So far it is very realistic. But then again I just finished the fist scenario and kinda halfway through the second.

So far it is very realistic. But then again I just finished the fist scenario and kinda halfway through the second.

Perhaps like Silent Storm then, taking an abrupt left turn about halfway through the game or sooner. Loved that game, though the sci fi silliness killed it for me....umtil I found the mod to remove the "armored pants." (I forget the German word.) Then, I loved it again.

10PM here, and I still haven't received my Steam key from Funstock Digital. That was the first time I ever pre-ordered something through them, and it will also be the last time. :-/

Back
Top Bottom