Recettear - Sale @ Steam

I'm always reading Kettcar ...

Play the demo. I downloaded it from Impulse. Haven't gotten around to actually playing it that long, but from what I've seen it sorta feels like Cute Knight and that game rocks.

I hate the art in CK, but the choices for your character are endless. It's truly an addicting game with the amount of choices you have and the many different endings for your character to experience.

Edit: I went ahead and bought this. Four games four 5 bucks is too good to pass on especially since I was planning on buying Recettear at one point……another one I have to play now. I hate the holidays ;)

Last edited:
I'm trying to be nice, but the game kinda looks like lunch returning after eating too many children's toys.

LMAO, yea Cute Knight looks like that as well, but if you give it a shot and love endless character choices then it really is a great game.

I'm hoping this one will be similar. However, I really don't like the art style. I never do in the few JRPGs I've played, but I can overlook that if there is a decent game there.

@JDR I'm loading it up as I type. Although, I'm going to be extremely busy this weekend and a little next week. I've got a TV news crew to entertain on Monday. I'm just filled with so much joy that they chose ME to show off our brand new toy (Smart Boards). Ugghhh don't they know I stutter when I'm under pressure, lol.

I think I got my kids trained for the news crew, but you never know with 2nd graders. I did promise them a whole day of Christmas activities if they behaved well :)

Anyways, check out the demo for the game and of Cute Knight while your at it :). Impulse has got Recettear's demo and Rampany Coyote has got CK's demo.

I found Recettear quite fun as a cuteish casual game with some small rpg-mechanics and a funny premise but you shouldn´t expect the kind of character development that cute knigth had.

Stay away from this game. It has none of the complexity of Cute Knight and all of the "cuteness" of annoying big-eyed freaks. It's about as much fun as someone raking their fingernails against a chalkboard.

Like I said before, I could get past the graphics and dialogue if there was a good game to be had, but there isn't even that.

The character development is minimal. Leveling up your merchant skills is about all there is to your character and your "fighters" you go into the dungeons with are almost as basic as the old Zelda game. The haggling consists of offering a high price and then making sure your second price is close to 30% over what you paid for it. I'm sure as your merchant skills increase you can try for more than 30% over the base value, but it's just not worth it to get there.

That freaking "Capatilism Ho" isn't even the worst of the dialogue. It's just too "Super Kawaii" and of course the main character is a dumb as a doorknob.

I'll never understand Japanese. Never in a million years will I understand this obsession with cuteness.

At least I got three other games for 5 bucks. I've never heard of those, but still not a bad deal if at least one of them turns out to be even slightly entertaining.

Last edited:
I like the anime style of this game and its comedy elements, and that's why I'm playing this lovely game. ^^ I'm about to complete it. :)

skavenhorde, I assume you didn't see many anime TV series. They're good with their comedy dialogues in the anime games and TV series, such as Slayers, Dragonball(not Z or GT), Great Teacher Onizuka etc. :) I know their potential.

The same comedy they did with Final Fantasy XIII's Sazh, Chrono Trigger's Ayla and some comedy dialogues along their journey, etc. :)

I just love the sheer idea for/of this game … :)

Back
Top Bottom