Dragon Age - Rock Lord - Number One Guy

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rock, Paper, Shotgun's Alec Meer expresses some love for the golem Shale in Dragon Age. Some minor character-related spoilers apply, but no main-quest biggies:
My first few hours with Bioware’s latest had more worried I wasn’t going to be entertained. Sure, I was having fun, but my party, the people I was travelling with, were pretty dry. Facetious holy warrior Alistair had a nice line in comic deflections, but arch sorceress Morrigan seemed a textbook line in sneery, sultry know-it-alls (though I’m sure there are many stings to be found in her self-confident tale) and, while the dog was sort of cute, it wasn’t exactly chatty. As for wide-eyed, pseudo-French bard Leilana – well, my cat could read those lines better than her. Sigh. Could I really make it through a couple of dozen hours with these ciphers, these stereotypes, these appalling cod-Euro accents? (Though, seriously, I like Alistair a lot). Then I met Shale, the golem – almost immediately the game’s bright, dazzling star.
More information.

The author's guess was correct in that the Shale was created and removed later due to technical issue if i remember correctly - and then added-in again at later stage during the six months delay.

Back
Top Bottom