Project Resurgence - Kickstarter Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Kickstarter campaign for Project Resurgence is going well. Farflame spotted this update with shoutouts from Chris Avellone and Swen Vincke:

Tribes & 1st Backer Quest Rewards

Nectarines, assemble!

Rob here, and welcome back to another edition of “What’s up NGS?” First off, I wanted to highlight that we’ve had a few more big shout outs since our last update including one of our favorite writer/designers Chris Avellone (Planescape: Torment, Pillars of Eternity), the founder of Larian Studios Swen Vincke (Divinity: Original Sin), and the Crowfall team in their latest newsletter! Woohoo! :D

[...]
More information.

They've certainly got support from a lot of classic RPG makers (Larian, Obsidian, InExile, and now Avellone). I'd already have pledged if it wasn't for the installment system.

Nice to be supported by big names, but I'm not a big name just another cretin alergic to "episodic" plague, thus if god himself backed it I still wouldn't.

Nice to be supported by big names, but I'm not a big name just another cretin alergic to "episodic" plague, thus if god himself backed it I still wouldn't.

Joxer, don't you understand? I keep reporting their updates to make you eventually give up and back it. :p

This KS looks like a joke compared to CONSORTIUM: The Tower. Those "big" names are supporting a wrong horse.

And why is this kickstarter a joke if I can ask?
You're new so one thing you should know:
Don't jump on every trollpost.

If unsure if a poster is being serious or actually trolling, just check other his posts on the forum. ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forum, please do have fun.

I can agree that not all wanna back up the KS because of episodic thing, price thing, if cRPG genre is not their thing etc. And everyone can have their own opinion about it.

But I can somehow understand Nectar Game Studios. They are new, small company. They do not have money to make a non episodic game with 50+ hours at the start. I'm sure that for that they would have to gather a lot more then $160k on KS.

As far as I know they worked on a game concept for like 2-3 years now and no one was paying them for that. And about PRE-ALPHA gameplay video. I see that running animation is not very good but as it is stated it is a Pre-Alpha gameplay. Plus they are changing the engine from Unity 4 to Unreal Engine 4.

As I said this is only my own opinion about this matter and nothing more :)

They lost me at "a variety of romance options and relationship choices to represent all walks of life".

Back
Top Bottom