What are Obsidians next games ?

Lannister

Watchdog
With Dungeon Siege out (and probably bombing, since its available for 8 Punds at game.co.uk) i was thinking about what other games Obsidian is working on right now..

The only thing I can remember was that they were thinking about doing a Wheel of time game (wish they had gotten the Song of ice and fire license instead of cyanide.... What avellone could have done with that IP.....Sigh)

Any thoughts ?

People generally are assuming the 2D game they have mentioned is the Wheel of Time game. Don't ask me for specifics because I have no idea what The Wheel of Time even is. If it's released on PC I will buy it though, because I love Obsidian.

As for their other projects JE Sawyer has mentioned a few times that he is working on a new IP I believe. Obviously there is no real guessing to be done there until they reveal more about it.

There is surely something else too. I doubt they will be given another Fallout to do until Bethesda make a Fallout 4, so that's sadly probably off the table.

As for their other projects JE Sawyer has mentioned a few times that he is working on a new IP I believe. Obviously there is no real guessing to be done there until they reveal more about it.

I thought he left Obsidian. Or am I thinking of someone else?

I remember back when he was just a web guy at BIS, hanging around the forums talking about all the cool stuff he saw there. His was a good story. Enthusiastic guy gets moved into a position where he can shine by managers who are actually interested in making good games. I wonder how often that happens these days. :p

After AP and DS3 - I'm no longer too excited about their next stuff. FO:NV was good, true, but it could hardly have been bad with that engine and their experience with the Fallout franchise.

They should do a plain 2D adventure game ... Now that would be interesting, imho ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom