Dishonored - PC Requirements

Is this another Bethesda console port?

I am so tired of console ports...Alan Wake...Darksiders II...Skyrim...the PC versions all SUCK HARD.

Well, the blog has been updated to fix a link and there are some responses from Bethesda there but the specs remain the same. It's no typo - they mean to say what they are saying.

That means one of us doesn't know what the Hades he's talking about.

Not suprprized. The people updating the blog are probably simple PR goons, who don't know a video card from their nose, or RAM from HDD. Somebody in the know probably gave them a rough outline of what the game requires and told them to write up the requirements based on that. Instead they simply copypasted the outline without bothering to go into specifics.

Is this another Bethesda console port?

I am so tired of console ports…Alan Wake…Darksiders II…Skyrim…the PC versions all SUCK HARD.

Actually, it seems Arkane put some effort into the PC version, as some of the devs are PC fans. It is reportedly enhanced for 64-bit and multicore CPUS. Also the UI is highly customizable for the PC.

It seems like we are going back to the days of 'can you run Crysis' and graphic cards' 'mine is bigger than yours' with specs like this. Crytek also seem to be doing the same thing with Crysis 3 and promise to 'melt' our PCs!

They don't seem to realise that gameplay is more important than GBs of RAM and HD space - I have had more joy in indie titles with few MBs of HD space than 10s of GBs of crud FPS that last for 10 hours at most.

It seems like we are going back to the days of 'can you run Crysis' and graphic cards' 'mine is bigger than yours' with specs like this. Crytek also seem to be doing the same thing with Crysis 3 and promise to 'melt' our PCs!

I'll take that AND gameplay. Fed up with no evolvement of tech for the past 6 years.

We'll soon see 64-bit, DX10+ and multicore and higher ram-req. As XP is finally starting to die developers can finally take advantage of the new technology!

We'll soon see 64-bit, DX10+ and multicore and higher ram-req. As XP is finally starting to die developers can finally take advantage of the new technology!

It would be wonderful, if that was indeed the case. Unfortunately, experience says, that it's not so. All of these games "taking advantage of new technology" run pretty happily on a toaster under your TV. I really want to believe, that Arkane are fans of PC and are going to be taking advantage of the hardware that has been available for years, but that would be literally the first time, when a multiplatform game truly takes advantage of what PC has to offer in terms of performance and features.

They don't seem to realise that gameplay is more important than GBs of RAM and HD space - I have had more joy in indie titles with few MBs of HD space than 10s of GBs of crud FPS that last for 10 hours at most.

I think within the past few years, apart from Witcher 2 and the Dark Souls PC port, we have seen many games become better optimized to run faster with existing hardware.

My laptop runs recent games better than older, less optimized games like Crysis. I'm hoping the Dishonored minimum specs have a typo and don't actually require HD 5850 to run the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom