And the winner of this years NOBEL PEACE PRIZE is...

Andhaira

Sentinel
MALALA YOUSEFAZI, the youngest person ever to win the NPP. Pakistan is truly a nation of wonders, producing as it is such bright stars who fight against tyranny, injustice and rights of education and of women.

What have western style feminists done in comparison? Oh that's right..they have stuck frozen chickens into their vaginas (pussy riot, what an apt name)

Leaving aside a fully deserved NPP for Malala… if Pakistan is truly a nation of wonders where does the need to fight against tyranny, injustice and rights of education of women comes from?

Leaving aside a fully deserved NPP for Malala… if Pakistan is truly a nation of wonders where does the need to fight against tyranny, injustice and rights of education of women comes from?

The greed and bigotry of the west?

Pakistan was doing quite well until the CIA drafted us into their war against communism (aka bogeyman of the day) and then left us to deal with the result (armed religious warrior monks, Usama Bin Laden and his bunch, etc)

Then came 9/11 and the old 'friend' Pakistan was needed yet again.

Please do yourselves a favor and do a check on which nation has bled most and has made the most sacrifices in this war on 'terror' aka war for Afghanistan's Gas pipeline.

The greed and bigotry of the west?

Pakistan was doing quite well until the CIA drafted us into their war against communism (aka bogeyman of the day) and then left us to deal with the result (armed religious warrior monks, Usama Bin Laden and his bunch, etc)

Then came 9/11 and the old 'friend' Pakistan was needed yet again.

Please do yourselves a favor and do a check on which nation has bled most and has made the most sacrifices in this war on 'terror' aka war for Afghanistan's Gas pipeline

Again, what did any of that rant have to do with the rights of women in Pakistan?
Isn't this the country that assassinated Benazir Bhutto and allows women to be killed for not choosing to marry husbands their families pick for them?
The only reason your country has heard of the term (women's rights) is because of the standard set and fought for by western women.

Besides, his argument is spurious. Because, just like CIA helped with the creation of al-Quaeda, Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence and military helped with the creation of those "armed religious warrior monks". And it was Pakistan who drafted ITSELF into the "war against communism" by training 90.000 Afghans (funded by USA and Saudis) to fight Russians in Afghanistan.

Pakistan is a timebomb. Poor country with population of 180 million. Half othe population under 25. All those millions unemployed idle young men, there are so many they could simply take over and change the world if they wanted to.

Luck Im not living in teh neighbourhood when these guys roll out:

By 2030, the government projects that Pakistan’s population will exceed 242 million.

The Wilson Center’s 2011 study on Pakistan’s population issues echoes this concern, highlighting the country’s failures in education and rising economic disparities as two major factors that contribute to a rise in extremist activity.

Stretched resources, increasing demand, a rising population and the instability that comes with it are forcing Pakistan into a vicious circle.

“I keep hearing this nonsense about a demographic dividend and a young population. But what have we given this young population? Have we given them a stake in the economy and society?” said economist Kardar. “They look at what’s happening around them and they get frustrated and angry.”
http://www.irinnews.org/report/96969/analysis-tackling-pakistan-s-population-time-bomb

I didn't mean to take anything away from Malala. She does deserve it and should have received it last year. Hopefully some of the women in her country (and others) will carry their fight forward

People seem to forget that there are two winners: Malala and Kailash Satyarthi, who is from India. His work is also very, very important, and the two are likely to co-operate in the future (according to Satyarthi).

I do not believe it to be a coincidence that the two winners are from Pakistan and India, two nations that have had a lot of conflicts over the years. Through co-operation, Malala and Satyarthi could help bridge the gap, in addition to their very important work for children/education.

At any rate, both deserved it as they're both doing very important work.

Pakistan is a timebomb. Poor country with population of 180 million. Half othe population under 25. All those millions unemployed idle young men, there are so many they could simply take over and change the world if they wanted to.

Luck Im not living in teh neighbourhood when these guys roll out:

Indeed. The entire world waits with bated breath whenever Pakistan makes a move. The nation destined to end the Israeli threat, the nation destined to take up the mantle of the Caliphate and return that august office back to this beleaguered earth, and bring back hope to mankind and free us all from the tyrannical chains of oppression and dark perversions.

All this spit and froth! Your keyboard must be drenched. And you probably pissed your pants as well. See what happens when you forget to take your meds?

was glad to see Malala receive the award! outside of her incredible perspective on life after such a traumatic experience, is anyone else not blown away at her public speaking ability?

As was I. She is such a strong young woman. I truly admire her courrage.

I don't think she truly deserves a nobel price for her actions. Getting shot in the head doesn't do much for world peace, even if it is "brave". I'd honestly rather see Putin getting it since he has averted so much potentially terrible warfare lately.

Sadly once again the price has been awarded not for merit but because of political motivation and western cultural imperialism. Does anyone take these awards seriously these days?

At least you are doing your best to be a good troll. Let's see if anyone bites...

At least you are doing your best to be a good troll. Let's see if anyone bites…

That was my genuine opinion. Why do you always call people with stances you don't agree with trolls around here? I'm serious, what has she done for world peace that she should be awarded with the distinction of a nobel price for?

If you can't answer that just call me troll or whatever, but you will know in your heart that you've got nothing. You're just admiring her liberal notions and actions in the face of the evhul traditionalists. But how many wars has she stopped? How many lives has she truly saved? What good has in truth come of her actions in the real world?

Myrthos can you please run this SQL-script on the forum-database:

Code:
DELETE * FROM Postings WHERE UserID = 'Digger Nick';
DELETE * FROM Threads WHERE CreatedBy = 'Digger Nick';
UPDATE Users SET Banned =  1 WHERE UserID = 'Digger Nick';
COMMIT;

I promise nothing of value will get lost :D

I hope it's not possible to max out an ignore list on RPGWatch. My guess is I'll need to dump more trash in mine in the months to come…

And HiddenX is very wise indeed!

Myrthos can you please run this SQL-script on the forum-database:

Code:
DELETE * FROM Postings WHERE UserID = 'Digger Nick';
DELETE * FROM Threads WHERE CreatedBy = 'Digger Nick';
UPDATE Users SET Banned =  1 WHERE UserID = 'Digger Nick';
COMMIT;

I promise nothing of value will get lost :D

This is like the internet version of throwing poo and then putting your fingers in your ears. Typical liberal behaviour for when you don't have any counter arguments.
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom