Civilization VI announced

They did a D&D mod for Civ V that was kinda cool. But nothing near as good as Fall from Heaven.

Civ 6 will also not let you stack units in the same tile. Call me old fashioned but I hate that. I like my killer stacks. At least let your units join up into armies.

I hated the killer stacks in Civ 4, but then managing giant armies could be a pain in Civ 5, and the AI could not handle it. In sounds like Civ 6 is trying for some degree of middle ground at least, we will have to see how well it works in practice.

I use to love seeing killer stacks come into my territory and trying to figure out how I would beat it. Having units all over the place clutters up the map.

Civ 6 will also not let you stack units in the same tile. Call me old fashioned but I hate that. I like my killer stacks. At least let your units join up into armies.
Not quite true. As mentioned in the article I posted, support units will be incorporated into your unit. So, if you drop some howitzers into your army of swordmen, they will effectively stack. (Hopefully without corny rules like having to kill every last swordsman before you can take a shot at a howitzer.) So there IS stacking of some units. Kinda.

No unit stacks was one of the first things modded out of CiV - it was figured out before it was even released.

Be shocked if the CiVI wasn't the same.

My big hope is for real navies again.

Navies were some of the things which imho worked worst in the previous games due to the immense movement speed. In MP you can just rush forward, hit, rush backward, and your opponent has no idea what hit him.

lack of real navy is why I rage quit it (on top of how boring it was). Spartacus would have loved to just walk to Syracuse

fast, unsuspecting navy raids are actually realistic. that AI has trouble with it is a shame - and shows the same problems computers have with chess - lack of imagination.

Modders and devs should not just give up and make water = land.

Y'now what would be nice? weather like teh game Utopia and moving herds. Colonization had horse breeding in the past - that would be a nice feature. Its a shame that Meir's mod for Civ 4 was so poor - it was a nice port of the original game but it was implemented badly.

They are changing a lot in the game, they are trying to fix the core game first, so i doubt they will fix navy until atleast the next expansion.

Civilization III was a really good game. I hope the VI will be the same ^^

Civilization III was a really good game. I hope the VI will be the same ^^

There was a Warhammer mod for CiV 3 that was fantastic. Steam messed up mods for CiV 3 like a year ago when they released a new patch. Wonder if it was ever fixed?

Great video, lots of information! That 'adjacency bonus' sounds a little like GalCiv 3.

Having wonders outside if town is going to force us to spread those things around. No more having a single Wonder City with 80% of your civ's wonders packed in.

The graphics still don't impress me but they don't look as bad as I thought from that initial shot.

Back
Top Bottom