NWN2 Patch 1.03.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Acleacius

SasqWatch
Anyone tried the Beta yet, I am not very Beta inclined but was wondering if anyone else had tried it?

I was truely hoping for a performance improvment, this engine should not be needing this much CPU/GPU power.

Thanks. :)

I'm going to go try it it now. Reports say the performance is such a jump people are ignoring the word "beta" and getting it. It purports a boost in shadow performance.

I have it installed and have noticed a -marked- difference in my framerate as well as several gameplay issues that have been resolved. It's WELL worth installing though I will add the caveat that some people have had problems installing but...meh...they're the ones probably playing on a P3 850. ;)

I'm planning to buy the game the moment the patch is released, I've been holding out because I'd be too tempted to go through the main campaign and then restart with every new patch :p

I installed and tried it. My framerates were very fluid to start with, but they're just as fluid with antialiasing enabled and look better. Also a number of other fixes, e.g. flame burst is no longer suicidal in hardcore mode.

I've installed it, and my game went from 'unplayably choppy' to 'acceptable occasional lag'. Mind you, my system in minimum spec ;)

The patch made a huge difference for me, I was even able to turn a lot of the settings up to medium whereas before I had things on low/off.

It's worth a try, just back up your saves first since it's a BETA ;)

Glad to hear it, Sorcha! I'm waiting for the official release since I have no issues, and am mainly playing Gothic 3 anyway ... but this is very promising.

No probs here either so I'll wait for the official.

I sure hope they improve the companion behavior. Like, when you issue the order to "stand ground" then switch members, the one who gave the order sits still too. Makes doing switches and stuff with multiple members a real pain as it is now.

Stand ground means EVERYONE stand still until further notice

I'm with some others of you in that I plan to wait for the official full patch release before picking up NWN 2. I'm actually revisting Fallout for an article I'm working on and I find myself strangely drawn to Space Rangers 2 lately. Shhh...Let's just keep that part between us, umkay? :blush:

SR 2 is a great game, I played it for hours while awaiting the arrival of G3 and NWN2!! :)

I could not get the game to work until I patched to 1.03 beta, (DirectX SDK issues, despite not having the SDK). However 1.03 beta is pretty good - there are a couple of obvious bugs but nothing that really detracts from the game experience, and from what I hear performance was improved. Obviously I can't compare and before and after, but I can run 1.03 on max settings.

Back
Top Bottom