The Dark Spire on Nintendo DS

getter77

Sentinel
Well, it is about out it seems....anybody have any impressions to weigh in with? Reviews so far seem to be positive, and it seems to be a fair bit different than the Etrian Odyssey games---which is good since neither of them managed to appeal to me.

I'm quite likely to order it and Dokapon Journeys off of Amazon tomorrow afternoon...but it never hurts to see about more feedback and such.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYhqCCm3zI

Short trailer and more details via Atlus website as usual.

Edit:Cracked early again same way as Scallywag and such, lol. Definitely watch the gameplay video on youtube as well with the trainer fight---the music's what got me and it might well get you too since all the first runs of the game is supposed to have a 20something track sountrack included with the game. Believe it is the first listed "similar" video in the listing to the right of this trailer on youtube.

Last edited:
A couple of months ago I pre-ordered it from Amazon with overnight shipping. Amazon isn't getting it in stock until the 17th, even though it was released on the 14th, so I'll either get it this weekend or on Monday.

I'll try to post something after I've had it for a day or two.

I haven't gotten my copy yet, but will likely have it tomorrow, and will also chime in here. Playing on my DSi, of course ;)

Game looks interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about it when you get it :p.... Also looking forward to Mike's (HINT) next "Whole game in my hand" article !

I just gave in today and traded my "old" DSl for the new DSi, haven't had time to play around with yet but I like what I've seen so far... Maybe we may even get your take on it in the next article? :p

Yeah, I have work to do with the releases Nintendo has done this quarter ...

Just started, pretty cool and nice style, basic dungeon crawler type stuff.

Love that they include the soundtrack!

I picked it up but haven't had a chance to play it yet. However, I too have been waiting for a new "The Whole Game in My Hand" ;) I'm finally getting around to Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones...yes, shame on me!

I know, I know ... I have taken on a gadget writing gig for GearDiary as well as getting re-recruited for an older place as well (just submitted four reviews for them ...).

Clearing out this stuff to get back to my core interests ... too many friends at game sites who ask for a 'small favor' that turns quickly into a dozen games a month ...

Back
Top Bottom