Fallout: NV - Fallout: Lonestar is Avellone-approved

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
I think New Vegas is enough of a favorite around here that a big new mod counts as news -- especially when it's one that Christopher Avellone has given his seal of approval. Hereisthecity reports:

Christopher Means set out to initially create a mod for the game that was just going to be a single town in his native Texas.

When Means attended GDC in Austin he met Chris Avellone, one of the designers for Fallout: New Vegas, and pitched his mod idea to the developer. Avellone was taken by the idea and convinced Means to broaden the project's scope, and even helped him recruit more Fallout community members to work on the mod.

Now the mod is looking more like a fully-fledged game project...
Most amazingly of all, this is an indie game project that does not appear to be asking for your money ahead of time.

More information.

Yep, thanks for the newsbit, Red. This does sound pretty cool!

There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry!

Fallout: Nuka Break was pretty good. This has good possibilities. I rather like the idea of a mod set somewhat between FO3 and NV.

Fallout 3 had a huge mod called Alton that showed a post-apocalyptic American Midwest. It was very well done. Alton, IL is just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis. It is probably most famous for Fast Eddies, which is a tavern/eatery and for Robert Wadlow, the tallest modern man to ever live. Alton was also a huge hub for freeing slaves and this shows up in the mod.

If you like Fallout 3, Alton is probably worth a download. The guy who wrote this mod got a job in the gaming industry.

Back
Top Bottom