'R's make you more dark and gritty + secret!

This brings a whole new meaning to the word ridiculous.

I suspect the OP might just be jealous because his name doesn't have any pretty Rs in it like Dgaider's. If I'm right, then we might see several additional posts concerning Ds, Gs, Is and Es.

But why stop there? There's plenty of interesting conversation to be had about the noticeable lack of Ts and Ns!

May I remind all posters of the importance of being eRnest.

I think he actually brings up an interesting point regarding creative names in fantasy settings. It's pretty tough business it would seem considering how many fantasy settings have nearly identical style names.

Rivian, Rivelon, Rivain, Nevar, Never, Nivar, blah blah blah...

I enjoyed the Myth series names for the different units, The Mauls were particularly interesting.

Your posts have been noticed and your inquiry/opinion acknowledged and deeply valued.

You can go back now: http://www.bioware.com/
So everyone who sees how ridiculous your post is,is coming from Bioware? :S

Luckily I haven't visited their forums yet but if people over there are like you I definitely won't.

So everyone who sees how ridiculous your post is,is coming from Bioware? :S

From a silly place, that's for sure.. Therefore, I was just trying my luck guessing it's Bioware. :)

Naming and naming patterns are not something ridiculous, you silly thing.

What's in a name..

I remember this one time on the Obsidian boards, when someone dug up that the name "Malak" appeared somewhere in the past before KotOR, and came to the conclusion that Bioware's games are unoriginal. That was... wow...

I think he actually brings up an interesting point regarding creative names in fantasy settings. It's pretty tough business it would seem considering how many fantasy settings have nearly identical style names.
Everything else aside, it really is an interesting point. I don't know about everybody else, but I like names and always take a while to name new characters I create.

One of the things I like about my favorite Fantasy-Adventure authors is their ability to come up with cool names, ones that are appropriate for the characters and places they create.

Some of my favorite Steven Erikson character names:

Widdershins
Flashwit
Iskaral Pust
Hairlock
Tattersail

And some of his geographic names:

Genabackis
Raraku
Darujhistan
Quan Tali

Life would be tough without the ‘R’
As nothing would be round
No twinkling stars in skies afar
No rainbows could be found
And roads would be a legacy
In figments of the mind
If this should be one’s destiny
To leave the ‘R’ behind.

A dream would fade into the sea
As if it did not live
And galas would not come to be
With no presents to give
No balls would roll; no rain would fall
No dew would rest on grass
If we’d decide, one and all
The ‘R’ to up and pass.

Autumn would be the only season
With no mild springtime days
Without the ‘R’, no rhyme or reason
Could be seen in the ways
We choose to live, as right and wrong
Would not happen in time
The ‘R’ allows rhythm in song –
The ringing in wind chimes.

Life would be tough, without the ‘R’
No birds would cross the sky
And in the end, no memories
Would live beyond goodbye
Convinced we are, the letter ‘R’
Is the best loved, indeed
By friends and relatives afar
As the letter most in need.

© 2005 – Jill Eisnaugle’s Poetry Collection

Thanks Arhu for putting a little perspective into this thread!! :)

Is this guy for real or some spam bot with a fetish against Rs because everyone knows that Rs aren't the problem.

Take a moment and think about it. DTE was on the right track. It's those vowels. There are just too many of them and in every single word. My lord that is just insane. Those vowels have got to go. DOWN WITH VOWELS I SAY!!!

Is this guy for real or some spam bot with a fetish against Rs because everyone knows that Rs aren't the problem.

Take a moment and think about it. DTE was on the right track. It's those vowels. There are just too many of them and in every single word. My lord that is just insane. Those vowels have got to go. DOWN WITH VOWELS I SAY!!!

Comparing vowels (5 letters which are essential for any word in the English language) to a single consonant (out of 21) which was used in (almost) every name.. Yay for intelligence on the internet!

But they're in every word. EVERY WORD I TELL YOU!!! I don't know if I can go on knowing that somewhere out there David is writing more lines and using more vowels in every single one of his words. It's just too much. Oh, the humanity!!!

You're fun. You are like a little Chihuahua. Barking your little head off, but no one taking you seriously. You are just the cutest little thing:smitten:

You're fun. You are like a little Chihuahua. Barking your little head off, but no one taking you seriously. You are just the cutest little thing:smitten:

And I just pooped on your furry head, weasel. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom