DA:Inquisition - Free Trial Version

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
You can get a free trial version of Dragon Age: Inquisition on Origin now.
Start your epic adventure in Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trial. Enjoy unlimited free multiplayer and play 6 hours of the single-player campaign.

A multiplayer adventure like no other:
Get unlimited free multiplayer, including both multiplayer Expansion Packs with the Dragon Age: Inquisition - Trial. Explore the world of Dragon Age with friends. Experience incredible adventures and fight sinister enemies with friends who own the game and those playing the trial.

Enjoy weekend multiplayer events. Each weekend, complete challenges for a chance to earn in-game rewards.

Six hours of the single-player campaign:
Play six whole hours of the single-player campaign and get an extended look at the thrilling world of Thedas. Track demons and recruit legendary warriors. If you decide to buy, your progress will carry over.
The free trial version is a limited time offer. Get it before 10am PDT on July 21. But once you have it, you have unlimited access to Multiplayer!

Trailer:

More information.

Thank you for spotting this, Moriendor!

Dragon Age 1 > Dragon Age 3> Dragon Age 2

An enjoyable game, still not as good as the first one.

I guess I'll try it when I have some time. I have pretty much zero interest in DA:I, but I can't think of a reason to ignore a free trial.

*Edit* 25GB download? Ouch... not sure if a 6 hour trial is worth that.

Last edited:
It's worth that, just don't put much time into character creation!

Eh...how many plants and shards do you get to find in 6 hours? I'd hate to lose all of them after the trial.
Still...don't trust it. This must be some devilish scheme, EA has cooked up for us, mark my words...

Oh that, don't grind!
You don't have to. If you choose to buy the game afterwards, you can always return in an area.

Oh that, don't grind!
You don't have to. If you choose to buy the game afterwards, you can always return in an area.

Yeah and you can buy things like Elfroot for cheap from a couple NPC vendors. That's the one that it ends up saying you need like 40 of for certain upgrades. I do like the witcher III's way of doing crafting better though - the limiting ingredients there tend to be small quantities of individual rare ingredients rather than bulk ingredients. Luckily you don't need to grind if you don't want to.

It has a fair share of MMO-grinding, if that's your thing. Most of it is pretty optional, though - and I think there's a lot of fun to be had with the game.

In fact, I consider it one of the better RPGs released in years - but after The Witcher 3, it clearly suffers.

But TW3 is on another level entirely.

True...but then again Witcher doesn't have any bovine romances, so it pretty much evens out in my book:p.

Yeah and you can buy things like Elfroot for cheap from a couple NPC vendors. That's the one that it ends up saying you need like 40 of for certain upgrades. I do like the witcher III's way of doing crafting better though - the limiting ingredients there tend to be small quantities of individual rare ingredients rather than bulk ingredients. Luckily you don't need to grind if you don't want to.
TW3 is IMO totally above DA:I when it comes to crafting.

Anyway, in 6 hours to try singleplayer, even if you adore grinding, just avoid doing it. There is plenty of it during the whole game and in this shorttime test sticking on it is a time wasted.
Also what to avoid is collecting "shanties". Every half an hour or so, the music in the tavern changes and you learn another if you come close. Just don't do it during this test.

The most important parts:
- Definetly try the tactics mode during fights
- Try to play through as many cutscenes as possible to see if the game crashes on your PC (means chase the main story, avoid unnecessary exploration!)

TW3 is IMO totally above DA:I overall.

And I say this as an almost two-decade Bioware fanboi. TW3 is that damn good (DA:I is good but not great in my view).

Errr… Overall, yes, but not everything. :)

Objectively viewing (trying to) it can't beat:
- partybased combat games as it doesn't exist in TW3
- multiplayer part as it doesn't exist in TW3
- probably something more, can't concentrate now :)

Then again, vice versa, TW3 can beat DA:I with at least swimming and diving as those don't exist in DA:I. Oh and toddlers. No kids in DA:I. ;)

There is one kid in DA:I if you did the dark ritual…

A kid, yes. Kids, no.

Remember, DA:I was released in the year when EA decided "no swimming and no toddlers in EA games".
Because of community rage, pools got added in Sims 4 later, but swimming is still not possible in DA:I.
I hope the community will do the same pressure on even worse EA's decision that every single game they make must have multiplayer (idiocy) included.

This game is the worst that bio has ever produced. This belated demo bears testimony. If you havent played this steaming pile, dont be fooled by the desperate attempt to attract a following.

It is not.
If only it was.

The worst games Bio made are NWN, NWN2 and Dragon Age 2.

Back
Top Bottom