Post a Picture of Yourself!

Is that a lighthouse behind you, or the secret headquarters of the Shadow Guild? I'd say your Cloak of Invisibility is working well, considering it's daylight. :)

Seriously, an atmospheric and mysterious photo.

Very nice indeed--especially the nautilus-like shot of the spiral stairs, and the extremely bare and wrinkled rocks.

It still looks quite chilly there--I'll have to post some pics of my early summer garden(we're in the 90's already here) one of these days.

Ooooh, can't stay behind on a photo topic. Here's a fairly recent one taken in Austria where my brother got married.

P5010316.JPG

P.S. I have no idea who the hell this chick is.

Very nice indeed--especially the nautilus-like shot of the spiral stairs, and the extremely bare and wrinkled rocks.

It still looks quite chilly there--I'll have to post some pics of my early summer garden(we're in the 90's already here) one of these days.

Thanks. It's actually pretty warm here inland; it's just that the sea is still about 5 degrees Centigrade (ca 40 degrees F), which means that a rock in the middle of it is going to be on the chilly side. It was also rather windy.

Ooooh, can't stay behind on a photo topic. Here's a fairly recent one taken in Austria where my brother got married.

P5010316.JPG

P.S. I have no idea who the hell this chick is.

This may be because of too much Stiegl beer, if you ask me *g*

PJ, your pictures are awesome :O.
And Thaurin... you look different than I thought you would... :)

No. Somehow, I expected a bullheaded guy... must be the username :p...

At first I wanted to say: It's the year 2008! Then it came to me that you don't use Celsius to meassure temperature.

Apologies for my faux pas--I've never mastered that centigrade/fahrenheit transition. The conversion of the US to the metric system, which I first heard about back in elementary school when I was enscribing clay tablets with the cuneiform alphabet, has gone very slowly indeed--as in ..NOT.

Makes it challenging for me personally when I read gardening books from Britain--the brits are my gardening gurus--because little things like being 20 degrees off will get plants killed. :)

@Thaurin--nice pic. According to my personal survey, the board is famous for non-geeky looking people so you are in good company. I like the long hair--brings back memories of a kinder gentler, more carefree era. ;)

I used to have long hair like that!! Those were the days!! :)

even Caltrans is turning away from metric after many years...so don't hold your breathe magerette;)

oh and Prime Junta thoughs pictures are superb! took a look at your Lebanon ones as well and its wonderful to see such beauty of people, culture, life brought to vibrancy through film***need to find time(effort) to pick the hobby of photography once again myself***its ashame when the world focuses on the negative, death and destruction, of such places and refuses to enlighten us with the hope and beauty of such different people, who aren't really any different, and whose individual stories of strife and struggle are simply different chapters of the same book. hurrah for the uncensored editions!
thanks again

Hey, thanks for the compliments everyone. I try to do with photography what I do with words -- tell it like I see it. There are darker things out there too, and I don't avoid them when I run across them.

14538028_baf0692b27.jpg

i remember that picture when browsing
however at the time and in retrospect i don't get a dark feeling
i see a young guard who looks bored, possibly pensive, maybe running through a multitude of things he wants to do when his shift is over, or when his job is.
to me theres a lot of hope in the image, dispite the torn apart building
far in the background. this image/scene conveys no violence or ill will,
nor suffering other than the mind
a rich civilized culture with some uncivilized events going on
however theres lots of ways it can go
as the man
waits on the fence

Here's a pic taken during our gourmet evening two weeks ago - the food was great… :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom