Deus Ex: Mankind Divide Thread (tips and stuff)

If the game is built around DX11, then switching to DX12 mode isn't going to gain you much, unless the drivers for DX12 happen to be much better on your card.

Don't do that.
You have the storage in the wall (use Jensen's PC to access it).

Also keep in mind that on NewGame+ only items from Jensen's inventory will be trasferred in a new game, items in the wall safe will be lost.
This means once you're about to fly to London, move everything you want to keep in a new game to Jensen's inventory.

Wall storage is full?!?!?!
Three x eight slots are full?!
Sell the damned stuff you don't use!

I don't know if items will disappear.

1 gun for all types I am not using ( and I am using three) plus all the ammo types I am not using currently fills up more than 2 cabinets! Am having to dump the booze and beer. Is there a use for the alcohol or should I just sell it?

- Sell all drinks! In fact… Why are you looting those at all?!
- Sell bloody painkillers, keep only stims.
- Neuropozyne keep one stack of 25, the rest of it sell.
- Sell all those chips and pumps and whatever the third item.
- Keep multitools, a few of those will be really handy in cases you want to open something, don't have a key and someone or something is guarding it.
- Software just as neuropozyne keep a stack of 25 of each, sell the rest. IMO you should sell all reveal software as I used that crap just once to see what it does, but okay, dunno if you're hacking at all.
- Check what weapons/upgrades Tars sells. You'll swim in $ after a while so all those items, just sell. You can always buy them from Tars if you feel like needing them (he's a trader in Jensen's building).

- Don't sell crafting parts or biocells! These are always handy, lethal or nonlethal style.

About horrible achievement I mentioned, or continued achievements decadence, there is this achievement:

All clear? The thing is, two augmentations are not a part of the game but come with DLC (Tactical pack and Assault Pack). So unless you buy Tactical Pack DLC, no achievement for you. It's basically "bought TP DLC" achievement and is one of several stuff that stink worse than a skunk in this game.

Thanks, I wondered why I wasn't getting this one, assumed it was bugged and left it.

Painkillers are useful to double the health bar to deal with electric and gas natural hazard when you don't have the augs related or another way to turn those thing off without being affected. Booze give temporary hitpoints, but painkillers are permanents until depleted or you get energy/health reset for missions start.

Sell. In case of hazards use stims instead.

As for achievements in general, seems some are bugged or their description isn't clear enough. For example Spring Cleaning you can't get just anywhere, you need to use PEPS in a hostile (red) territory if you want that one and it's not specified. Another example is Foxiest where several people swear they did the fastrun keeping themselves invisible everywhere except scripted cutscenes and they still didn't get it although the requirement states Jensen just mustn't trigger any alarm.

They replenish HP. Put them on a hotkey and use when neardeath.

Someone on reddit kindly provided all the links for the scannable triangles collection hunt in the game. Found here. It's a bunch of bonus content (concept, videos, audio).

Also, seems like I missed something very important in the game. Don't check that thread unless you finished the game with the Eliza side and Sariff side-missions. It won't make sense otherwise.

If needed I can put up screenshots of triangles featured in Children's Crusade.
But IMO those triangles are a result of Square Enix' obsession with phones. Why are a game and a comic too (dunno about art book, still didn't decide to buy it) turned into slaves to a damned phone?

Time for a thread necro. :)

Is any of the DLC worthwhile for this game? I see two missions called System Rift and Criminal Past. Has anyone here played one or both of them?

I didn't play Criminal Past. It came much later and I was already on other games - this is exactly why I despise nonstandalone stuff, I'm keeping a huge game installed for no reason other than most probably couplehourslong crap DLC. This DLC is supposed to be a link between DX and MD - yet Square Enix said that for Children's Crusade too, I mean, will PR bullshit ever stop?
I'll try to give it a shot later today and post what's it about. Unless I lose will.

System Rift is mediocre and forgettable - you're teaming up again with Pritchard just because. It's pretty short, took me about 3 hours to complete it, but keep in mind I turned every stone in it so it could be even shorter. Could be better if it didn't include their stupid insulting phonegame inside it, luckily, it's a short sequence.
IMO, you'll lose nothing if you skip that one.

Storywise, all mission DLC in DX:MD are standalone. Desperate measures is a main story spinoff, Cr. Past is supposed to be a sort of a prequel and S. Rift is not anyhow connected to the main story.

But I ment the game data. I can't uninstall the huge game, install Doom or something at it's place and keep just DLC to play later.

Did the DLC. Criminal Past. Took me about 6 hours.
Not short, much fun, decent story and superb exploration. 10 times better than System Rift disgrace.

Buy it.

Me, well, I finished the game twice, got 100+ hours of fun. As I'm not interested in Steam achievements (except all sidemissions and game finished which I have) nor their stupid phonegame scam bundled with DX:MD, I'm uninstalling the game now, that's 60 Gb of free space for proper games' numerous savegames.

Back
Top Bottom