Poll: New grimoire website is up

What will follow?

• The website will stay for awhile and then will be removed again.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Beta testing cycle will be announced soon and then the game will be delayed again.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Beta testing will start and Grimoire will be released this fall.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • What is Grimoire?

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grimoire was cancelled, now Cleve is just making fun of it. You're naive if you think he's gonna finish it ever.

Since I am only like three keystrokes away from completing it, I thought it would be worthwhile.

Your powerful words have discouraged me, however - and so I've decided to feed the entire source code and any backup copies into a wood chipper in my backyard.

(brief pause)

Alright, it's done. Fifteen years of work is now distributed as a handful of chewed up confetti in the weeds behind my house.

Now what am I going to work on?

I was thinking of an old fashioned classic style roleplaying game. That won't happen overnight, however. First I have to build up the infrastructure. I'll start by testing console output:

void main(void)
{
printf("Hello World");

return(0);
}

Okay, that's my first unit test. I'll start work on the rest of it now, patiently building it up piece by piece. It should take me around fifteen years, so please just regard it as a hobby project until then.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Since I am only like three keystrokes away from completing it, I thought it would be worthwhile.

Your powerful words have discouraged me, however - and so I've decided to feed the entire source code and any backup copies into a wood chipper in my backyard.

(brief pause)

Alright, it's done. Fifteen years of work is now distributed as a handful of chewed up confetti in the weeds behind my house.

Now what am I going to work on?

I was thinking of an old fashioned classic style roleplaying game. That won't happen overnight, however. First I have to build up the infrastructure. I'll start by testing console output:

void main(void)
{
printf("Hello World");

return(0);
}

Okay, that's my first unit test. I'll start work on the rest of it now, patiently building it up piece by piece. It should take me around fifteen years, so please just regard it as a hobby project until then.

You ain't funny, you know?

void main(void)
{
printf("Hello World");

return(0);
}

This is very unusual approach to Unit Testing. How do you automate such tests? Also this was the red-bar stage, no? You surely can't return int from method with void signature. :D

This is very unusual approach to Unit Testing. How do you automate such tests? Also this was the red-bar stage, no? You surely can't return int from method with void signature. :D

He could publish the game in this state and promise to release a patch soon...

Is it still grimoiresystems.com? Because if it is, the server's down for me...

I remember an exchange on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg where a psychologist got involved in a debate with Cleve. He ended up feeling really bad about it as he realized that he was not dealing with a normal usenet denizen. I think he left hoping the other got the care he needed. I'm thinking Grimoire was not proper treatment for visions of grandeur.

Oh and good catch on the void return. No self-respecting compiler would compile that code.

I didn't see the correct option in the option list. Grimoire is already past beta stage and will go 'Platinum' (because it's too ready to be 'gold') today

Server was down today, but working yesterday. Grimoire has been finished for years; it's just bugs and making it work on modern systems which has caused the latest delay. The complete game IS done; I've finished it twice, but the old beta won't run on either of my 2 newer computers.

@Corwin: actually this I never doubted. Moreover if it would ever be released, I'm gonna buy it. The big IF is though if Cleve Blakemore finds enough time to finish it or at least call it finished one day.

And no, I'm not buying that "3 keystrokes away" quote. :D

He could publish the game in this state and promise to release a patch soon…

Impossible. This would be an up-to-date concept. Grimoire is old school!

The site is back up.

Final gamma testing to start soon.... Hmm, how many letters in the alphabet?
Oh, and isn't that the original D&D dragon in that one loading screen?

Oh yes.... Grimoire.... yes.... ehm.....
Strange. I remember a game with this name.
Oh yes. It was the subtitle for Duke Nukem Forever.

Will we able to try the gamma version?

Hey! I got in! Joy $0.01 game… should be free at this point…

http://www.grimoiresystems.com/

he's gone extramegalomaniac on us…

Hell, does anyone really give a ---- any longer about his crappy old Wiz7 maybe contender?

Better to give it away now...
[/EDITsomething orother..]

16546684.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom