Pillars of Eternity - Interview & Previews

Yup, RTWP is my favorite too. It's (IMO) best of both worlds: the natural combat flow when you don't need to micromanage and a pause if you do.

wolfen:

Excellent idea. But, say a 4 vs. 6 turn round would be a LOT to take in all in one turn. Very interesting though.

It would need lots of brain power to make work to blend in with all the circumstances that can happen.Just feel that its time to move away from the one character executes their moves at a given time.Of course RTWP is kinda like this but I just like TB more.

Would also work well in a modern weapon-ed RPG like Wasteland2.Instead of standing in the open and firing away the first priority is to get your team into cover.Then when in cover you give out orders for each member of who to shoot at or you can start moving characters on map to try to flank or throw genades or give medical etc.

Why we, the backers can't see this demo I still don't understand.

Because Obsidian is afraid of showing off unfinished content to the general public. Particularly animations and FX.

If backers can see it, everybody can see it. Appareantly they don't want this.

Imo this behaviour is a mistake. If you try other ways of funding, you need to adapt your PR accordingly.

That is interesting. I'd imagine the stakeholders are the ones who need to be kept up to date first and foremost. Not the press.
Backers aren't stakeholders.

Backers are the passionate ones about this game, who believe in this project and company, not press. So I think no one's is going to complain about the animations or whatever if they show us something. All I want (and I'm sure many of the backers want) is some real gameplay, not some words from a journalist who heard BG or IWD name from his father's stories.

Backers are the passionate ones about this game, who believe in this project and company, not press. So I think no one's is going to complain about the animations or whatever if they show us something.
If it was possible to show it to the backers only, that would be correct, yes. But that's impossible. The demo (or whatever) would leak and you'll have the same results as in a public release.

Again, I say you're right and they should do it nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom