NHL playoff contest

dteowner

Shoegazer
Well, 4 game 1's are already under way, but we can still have a little fun. In the first round, just pick the winners of each series for 1 point each. Ya don't even have to pick the number of games. What could be easier?

RED WINGS vs Flames
Quacks vs Wild
Nucks vs Stars
Preds vs Sharks

Sabres vs Isles
Devils vs Bolts
Thrash vs Rags
Sens vs Pens

My picks: WINGS, Quacks, Nucks, Sharks, Sabres, Devils, Rags, Sens

Red Wings
Ducks
Canucks
Sharks

Sabres
Devils
Rangers
Sens

Flames (I always pick Canadian teams :) ), Ducks (loved the movie!!!! ), Canucks (See first pick), Sharks (we have lots of them down here), Sabres (Isles got MY Leafs spot!! :( ), Devils (goaltending), Rangers (original 6 team ), Now comes the problem; I hate the Sens!!! I WANT the Pens to win (old Mario fan), but I think the Sens are better, and they're Canadian!! For now, I'll PASS and await developments!! :)

Wings
Wild
Nucks
Preds

Sabres
DEvils
Rangers
Sens

I'm almost more excited about these playoffs than about the release of Two Worlds, The Witcher and Dragon Age combined (Canadians are nuts, eh?), especially the western matchups. I've never seen so many high caliber teams forced to slug it out in the first round.

Nobody so far believes in the Thrashers. Interesting. While most folks will probably chalk it up to an inflated point total from chewing on a really weak division (a complaint my WINGS have to endure regularly), I don't buy it. While the challenges of facing a glorified minor league team are different, there are still plenty of challenges: motivation, the other team having nothing to lose, the other team often having an overabundance of goons. I'm dissing Atlanta because they're new to the whole playoff atmosphere, while most of the Rags were in it just last year.

RED WINGS
Wild
Stars
Predators

Sabres
Lightening
Thrashers
Senators

Ok there, I said it. Now what is the glorious prize this year Dte? :spotlight-left: :spotlight-right: :drool:

Well, I keep trying to give away Andreas Lilja, but everyone keeps picking the cardboard core of a roll of stick tape when given a choice...

Did we ever award the world famous "Peter Worrell's Pimp Hat"?

How about a gift certificate to Peter Forsberg Scuba ("More dives than Jacques Cousteau")?

Pimp Hat, Pimp Hat!! I want to see Corwin in it if at all possible. :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :cm:

WINGS (hates the Flames)
Duckies
Nucks (my team its the 12 year cycle boys. Go Nucks Go!)
Sharks (its where I live)

Sabres( but my heart is with the Isles after knocking out both the Laffs and the Habs)
Devils
Thrash( I'll take the the thrashers in this one. they flew under the radar all year but Rangers finally have a team)
Sens(but let's see them get past the second round)

Haven't had a single game on TV yet down here, which is frustrating during the playoffs!!

Red Wings baby!!

It's the only game that matters!

I love the VS commercial: "In a town defined by its Hockey Team..."

Let's see..I do recall they were the Detroit Cougars and Falcons and that little Wheel on the Sweater must not have meant anything then.

That's what I like to hear. They're in tough against Dallas though.

But its probably the best opponent to face in the first round aside from Calgary.

Did you stay up for all 4 Overtimes in Game 1?

With Cooke and Burroughs injured they don't seem that aggressive. It took them until late in the third to realzie they needed to go hard to net and only Cowan and Pyatt have the size to do that.

Canucks seem to be giving Dallas the point to shoot from quite easily.

Expect the Nuckleheads to make a game out of in Game 3. Although word is between a Rock concert the night before and a Mavericks game 5 hours from completion in 69oF heat its going to a slow and sloppy game.

The Swedes own:

Red Wings
Preds
Stars
Rangers

I'm not sure what this means. Where I'm from "The Swedes" usually infer a well known set of Twins. Are you saying they pwn these teams? We do have four or five on our team after all.

Cowin, are there none being broadcast online? You can certainly get them on NHL Radio.

Last edited:
I can get the games on radio (at inconvenient times for down here), but it's not the same as watching!! I assume we'll get a couple of games (on FOX), but none have been shown yet. We're lucky to get 2 a week (usually shortened ) during the regular season!!

Did you stay up for all 4 Overtimes in Game 1?
Yes I did, and probably jumped about as high as my Oblivion character with expert acrobatics when Henrik scored the winner. Yeah, the ice is always horrible in Dallas, but since the Canucks have a little less skill overall, maybe the bad bounces will help them to grind out a victory.

We don't get Versus here in the Bustling Metropolis, so I've been reduced to internet radio and the occasional NBC broadcast. What crap.

Y'all better watch out. Someone put some grit in the Wings' Wheaties. If we can maintain this energy and aggression, we're going to be tough to beat. We'll see what happens up in the Saddledome. We always suck rocks in that barn.

Dte, can't you get Fox where you live? Even we get Fox!! :)

Fox Sports Net is regional. I can watch all the Columbus (Ohio) sports I can stand. I'd wet myself if we got Fox Sports Detroit down here.

Back
Top Bottom